Who do you hug?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who can't hug anyone but my husband or little girl (and dog)....I hate it when someone starts crying on me because I know I should hug them but it's like I'm a magnet repelling against another magnet, just can't do it!!

I go in to a mild panic if this happens and give THE most unsupportive awkward hug. My friend always used to say I was unable to hug properly because I'd bend over slightly hug with my top half and leave my arse sticking out. With my mum, son and husband its a full on body hug no gaps though.

Hubby used to say when we first got together it was like hugging a ironing board. . . in fairness I said mr happyfeet when I first met you it was like kissing a washing machine!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't hug anyone on a regular bases :'(

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Ohhhh I'm a hugger! Becca (Glamoureyes11) our geek meets must be hell for you haha!

I don't hug clients... That would be weird, but friends and family I do hug and usually an air kiss on the cheek too.

Xxx

Ohhhh I'm a hugger! Becca (Glamoureyes11) our geek meets must be hell for you haha!

I don't hug clients... That would be weird, but friends and family I do hug and usually an air kiss on the cheek too.

Xxx

Haha it doesn't bother me anymore hun, I have got used to hugs over the last year haha ;) good job really lol

Although I don't instigate them unless I know they're a hugger lol xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't hug everyone and anyone. The people I hug have to mean something to me and I always cuddle the animals.

I'm not a hugger (pictures Alien style face huggers!!!:Scared:) and it always makes me feel a bit awkward when people try to hug me.

I hug BF and mini-me all the time, and I sometimes also hug friends hello and goodbye. But thats about it.

I used to have a friend who used to be very tactile. The more drunk we got on a night out, the more 'huggy' he would get, and so it got to the point where he had to ask permission to hug me...sometimes I'd bluntly refuse.

Oh and I squish my cats and forced them to have huggles with me!!!!

I only hug my fiance and animals.. Ive cried in front of my mum before and she just kinda tapped me on the shoulder haha! Im really huggy with my fiance so I think i just save them all for him lol! When people cry I feel so awkward but I have got better at comforting just not quite a hug lol. In my defence though, no one in my family are huggy, quite the opposite actually.

Only my children. I stuggle with awkward physical contact. I cant handle people crying and get angry when I cry myself :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Only hug people and animals I know and love but will shy away from hugging anyone else, you never know where they've been lol! Xx

Im really huggy, my son is too and even though he's big and grown up now i still press his nose and say beep hahaha
It is odd cause im not from a huggy family at all.
I do think its strange though when someone ive maybe met only once or twice before starts hugging me when when i bump into them like theyve known me for years and they haven't, i start to duck and dive next time i see them hahaha hiding and peeking, have they gone yet hahaha :biggrin:

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who can't hug anyone but my husband or little girl (and dog)....I hate it when someone starts crying on me because I know I should hug them but it's like I'm a magnet repelling against another magnet, just can't do it!!

All of the above! I would quite happily hug someone's dog, but not them!

I tend to hug anyone who looks as though they're receptive to it.......you know, not actually running and hiding!

Plus, there were 3 of us, including the owner, working together in a salon. The other two used to say "I love you!" and I felt really surprised and awkward at first, but I eventually started saying it back and it was rather lovely. Soppy but nice.

I always pick peoples animals up for a hug, I can't help it.
Humans I'm abit more reserved about, I hug my kids half to death and my younger nieces and nephews but adults not so much I feel abit awkward, I kiss everyone and I'm really friendly and touch people quite often when I'm talking to them but for some reason I find hugging really personal

I'm definitely a tactile person...wouldn't think twice about hugging or touching someone other than a client.

Recently started dating a guy who later confessed he's not a hugger, but it's ok with me because he likes me lol xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

Husband, mother, close friends, and now my in-laws are on board. My husband's family greet with an air kiss on both cheeks which they noticed I tend to freeze up on so they hug me. :lol:

I get my tie-dye groove on and hug trees...only on a full moon though

Have just hugged a £50 note :Love:

I love a big cuddle!! I squeeze my husband and my step son! And I always tell them I love them. I love giving them both big cuddles n kisses and if I had a dog/cat I would cuddle them to bits too! But I have come from a very affectionate family and feel its good to express love. I generally don't hug randoms but it's super funny hugging someone that doesn't like hugs as they clench up 😜

Maybe I'm odd then as my first instinct when someone is upset is to go in for a big old bear hug! There's nothing more comforting! I think you do have to have a hug radar though and I can normally tell these days who isn't huggy, nothing more awkward than hugging someone who doesn't want a cuddle lol

Latest posts

Back