Who do you think CND are?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rinn

CND Shellac EA
Reaction score
Who do you think CND are?

What in your opinion is their agenda as a company? Obviously they are a company so they want to make money the same as the rest of us, but is that it?

I think it's much more than that.

Prompted by another thread
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/227437-shellac-romantique-popular-you.html

I started to reply that I think ANY colour is popular as YOU make it.
What I mean is I had romantique for a long time and didn't use it. I then tried it out over enhancements with swaroskivs'........popped the picture up on fb and everyone wanted it.
I felt such a fool that I had let this lovely colour sit for so long ,dismissing it altogether...as I did with others I might add.

I moaned about the limited colours in the Shellac range,I didn't want to layer , I wanted to pick up a premixed colour.

I hated Iced Coral , what a waste of money , I thought it was a stupid colour that made everything look green, then Planky said ''try it over Tropix''....I doubted I would like it but it's friggin fabulous.

Is this why CND don't keep just churning out collection after collection?..
I think they want us to use our imagination , push our boundries, try and boot us up the butt and out of our comfort zone to create bespoke colours for any client .

I think that's it , their philosophy matches their tag line....Nails. Fashion. Beauty...those things are all subjective....That's really very clever.

Rinn I think you've hit the nail on the head here! I have to say I'm glad we don't keep getting a new collection every month. I've loved the fact we've had more than just 2 this year though but if it was a new collection monthly or every other month I'd soon get bored.

I've got colours that I admit do just sit there are rarely get used but I've found wearing them myself helps a lot to push the colours more.

How can you not love iced coral though? It's one of my most popular layering colours. You need to try it over rubble, cityscape, gotcha, pink bikini and purple purple. Xx

Rinn I think you've hit the nail on the head here! I have to say I'm glad we don't keep getting a new collection every month. I've loved the fact we've had more than just 2 this year though but if it was a new collection monthly or every other month I'd soon get bored.

I've got colours that I admit do just sit there are rarely get used but I've found wearing them myself helps a lot to push the colours more.

How can you not love iced coral though? It's one of my most popular layering colours. You need to try it over rubble, cityscape, gotcha, pink bikini and purple purple. Xx

Yes, good to hear.....maybe a separate thread for layering the "shelf sitters"? :)

CND are very smart. They know their business, and they know their customers; we're savvy. They only bring out colours that will last, stand the test of time and not those that will hang around, languishing on the shelf, taking up money.

It's better for them, and it's better for us - yes, at first glance more limited range 'in bottle' may not be as appealing as a range with 5, 000, 000 different pots of colour. But we can use each and every colour, they won't go off. They can be layered to create many awesome new shades without spending any more. It also gives us absolute control.

The science and research that goes into their products blows my mind. And they care about preserving the integrity of the natural nail. I'm not the only one who gets cold shivers thinking about 'keying' the natural nail with a 100 grit file :eek:

Mostly though, to me they are first-class education and support. I know if they bring out a new product, it will work (even if I am amazed when I see it for the first time ;) :p).

Along the lines of what Rinn said, I think it has something to do with customization. In their master classes they talk about tailoring everything to the individual and giving us options that in turn, allow us to give our clients choices. As far as shellac goes, I'm happy that they don't come out with more colors every other day. I love layering and using additives. I feel like a mad scientist sometimes and my clients are amazed at what can be done.

Colours that go through stages are the same as seasonal clothes. From me wearing Lobster Roll one week, I did the same colour on 7 other ladies. My next colour was Tutti Fruitti, same happened again.
This way we can prompt our clients by wearing the colour, styles and clothes. Who would of thought that by doing someone's nails would make 'us' trend setters?!

I've never said this before on the forum but when CND changed the name from Creative Nail Design to CND it REALLY upset me. I felt they had removed the word that both defined them and the technicians who use the product! CREATIVE are innovators and CREATIVE people are attracted to CND. Imaginative people who always push the boundaries.

CND create a range of products that by and large, technicians can experiment with and use together safely (and if you can't, they will tell you).
CND share the science behind their products willingly and openly so their users really understand the what, how and why of everything. They respect our intelligence as professionals and they attract intelligent serious professionals to them. We take that knowledge and create!

In serving the professionals, they consult them/us and try also to think of the bottom line of our businesses as well as theirs. Q. Does it make business sense for serious professionals to be offered 300 colours when they can make 300 colours out of 60? Doesn't that make sence on your bottom line as well as use up your inventory faster so its not hanging around on the shelf?

CND want to create business for you and to excite your customer into coming to you for unique products and services and my goodness they have certainly done that and keep doing it; it is a very exciting company with which to be associated ... Never a dull moment.

So yes, Rinn, CND want us to be Creative and they totally get and respect the fact that although THEY make the products, it is their clever Creative technicians who add the magic to those products and who teach CND just how much can be done with them.

Last edited:
Had to say to Geeg, I still call them Creative, rubbish at change!

Had to say to Geeg, I still call them Creative, rubbish at change!

Ditto! Not sure my customers would have a clue what I was talking about if I said cnd, it's definitely creative for me x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Latest posts

Back