Who else only hand files their enhancements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hand filing for me to. I love it when you are able to 'pop off' little bits of lift when filing behind it. An e-file is not for me.

I hand-file...but sometimes I wish I was trained for an e-file, eventually I am going to take a course. I also have a hard time explaining to my students how to file the lifting parts, but what everyone else has said, helps alot.

Now, tell me if this is understandable. I tell them to NOT keep the file flat on the nail, but to keep it in an angle, making it easy to see where they're filing and also, you're only filing the part that needs to be filed...

did I confuse anyone??

mz.angie:green:

I use an e-file, as another geek posted, my finishing work/final shaping is done by hand.

I have never used my e-file on gel, we were shown in training but I just don't like the way the e-file seems to cut through the gel so quickly.

I only e-file when removing glitter tips, I then hand file over the nail bed. If I'm rebalancing french I don't even get the e-file out.

Mundo ship 'nailclass' to anywhere in the world at a very reasonable price.

Thanks! I can't wait to get it! I'm such a industry magazine junky, I'll be nice to have a new book!

Shiloh

I only hand-file too.

Filing behind the lift and not on top of it will result in the lifted area just coming off whilst sealing and blending the area you have filed to eliminate chasing the line.

i only hand file too and was taught to do it as bagpuss describes, the lifting area just falls away without leaving a line. does take a little practise tho.
good luck.
anna:)

Latest posts

Back