Who else only hand files their enhancements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kffbass

Reaction score
I have been hand filing all my enhancements and am wondering who else does this? I am trained in the use of an e-file but never liked the way my own nails felt after using it on my enhancements. I'm pretty quick with the hand filing, but have noticed that taking down any lifting I have on enhancements is a nightmare.:eek:

I do gels. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd really like to continue to hand file, but I do need a different technique in removing lifting.

Thanks,

Shiloh

I hand file only.

The best thing I can suggest is to improve your application techniques to the degree where you don't get the lifting. But in any case, my gels are fairly easy to file, I hand file when doing a French rebalance too.

I only hand-file too.

Filing behind the lift and not on top of it will result in the lifted area just coming off whilst sealing and blending the area you have filed to eliminate chasing the line.

I only hand-file too.

Filing behind the lift and not on top of it will result in the lifted area just coming off whilst sealing and blending the area you have filed to eliminate chasing the line.

This may be part of my problem, I seem to thin out the lifted area so much that I continue to break the seal when trying to remove the lift.

Thanks, and I'll check out that tutorial by geeg.

Shiloh

if you file on top of the lift (trying to thin it) you actually make the lifting worse as it just gets bigger....think of a ladder in your stockings.

i hand file too. found the tutorial by geeg very useful
i always use a new file aswell.

I only hand-file too.

wow Ang, that great advice, id read something like this before, but never managed to understand it, but the way you described it , i can now see it in my head and 'get it'

thanks hun:)

and BTW i too only hand file, i dont get on with e-files i just dont

xxxxxx

I only ever hand file.

I hope you find my tutorial useful.

All one needs to do is think a little sideways and concentrate on the technique of perfect application and then things like lifting and having to correct your shape by excessive filing become a thing of the past. That is what my book 'nailclass' is all about ... the techniques of perfect application.

I only ever hand file.

I hope you find my tutorial useful.

All one needs to do is think a little sideways and concentrate on the technique of perfect application and then things like lifting and having to correct your shape by excessive filing become a thing of the past. That is what my book 'nailclass' is all about ... the techniques of perfect application.

This is an excellent book and I can honestly say that I do little more than a quick tidy up and buff since reading it! :hug:

I only hand-file too.

great tip and well explained.thanks angie.xx

I'm a hand file only girl too.

I have been hand filing all my enhancements and am wondering who else does this? I am trained in the use of an e-file but never liked the way my own nails felt after using it on my enhancements. I'm pretty quick with the hand filing, but have noticed that taking down any lifting I have on enhancements is a nightmare.:eek:

I hand file my gels too and I feel your pain. I have read Geeg's rebalance file tutorial numerous times. Starting to get better at filing lifting. I do still get some lifting at the cuticle ... working on that. Sometimes I feel like I am filing forever too!

keeping your enhancements nice and thin in the right areas will help....i think sometimes people over use gel in thinking more gel means more strength...its doesnt...putting the gel in the right place gives the strength. Gel applied to thick will cause lifting as it cant flex and will pop off the natural nail.

keeping your enhancements nice and thin in the right areas will help....i think sometimes people over use gel in thinking more gel means more strength...its doesnt...putting the gel in the right place gives the strength. Gel applied to thick will cause lifting as it cant flex and will pop off the natural nail.

I def think this is my problem. I was doing them TOO thin and losing corners when I started with a buff off gel. Then I went thicker and am filing forever. Come to think of it my mom just lost an entire nail - popped right off (the gel I mean) - maybe too thick. Here's to finding a happy medium!

You all are awesome! Thanks so much. I've got to admit my application could use some tweaking. :| Geeg, where can I get your book?

Shiloh

I only ever hand file too. I feel I have more control of what I am doing

You all are awesome! Thanks so much. I've got to admit my application could use some tweaking. :| Geeg, where can I get your book?

Shiloh

I thinks its available from mundo sure about USA though ???

i do have e-file but i have not had training for that .....must say though....i get on very well with hand filing xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back