who else sculpts without a form??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotus blossom

Reaction score
just realised today that i do this a lot!!
if i have a natural nail with a bit of free edge
i can sculpt out a new free edge without a form, by working out just when my product will set!!
so just before it sets i make the free edge and voila!!! its set without a form

does any one else do this or am i weird????

You're weird but I still love ya:lol:

I have repaired nails without a form, but have to be quick..i put the lamp on ready and tell the client that when i say go...GO..:lol:. xx

Crikey, id never be able to work quick enough! x

I think many nail technicians like me have been doing this for years and years! :hug: I guess we all think we invent these things and then find out that bazillions of peeps do it. x

I do this especially on repairs. But can be done as long as there is some free edge to work with! Clients are always impressed when they see it done without a form!!! :)

Wow....think we need a video of this!

i do this for repairs its so quick and easy lol

Is sounds easier than using a form. Plus no worries about the fit or product seeping thru the form. Would you recommend doing a full set this way? Most people just want a little length anyway!!

I've always done that, if I don't want to add a lot of length, or if I'm doing a repair. It's good for toes,too.

i think its just a kind of natural thing that most of us do, we're an intuitive bunch lol.

I do it with silk aswell...

Its so much quicker and natural looking (ie the silk tends to match the colour of the clients nails) and STRONGER!!

reeeeeeally good for fixing big toes and the odd nail breakage.

I actually apply the silk, then use tip and dip over it, then if ineed to, or if im doing enhancements, apply that over the top. it doesnt go thick because the silk is so thin to start with!!

Sometimes i dont even cover the whole nail with silk, jut cut out a 'tip shape' like a plastic tip, and apply. hehe.

i think its just a kind of natural thing that most of us do, we're an intuitive bunch lol.

I do it with silk aswell...

Its so much quicker and natural looking (ie the silk tends to match the colour of the clients nails) and STRONGER!!

reeeeeeally good for fixing big toes and the odd nail breakage.

I actually apply the silk, then use tip and dip over it, then if ineed to, or if im doing enhancements, apply that over the top. it doesnt go thick because the silk is so thin to start with!!

Sometimes i dont even cover the whole nail with silk, jut cut out a 'tip shape' like a plastic tip, and apply. hehe.

The silk tip method is one of Bio Sculptures well liked methods too, although i do like using the form, but I believe that Zingara likes to do it the silk way with no form.

What bit I dont understand Katelisa is when you tip and dip over silk?!?!? How does that one work?

I do that when I repair a couple of nails. Nothing's wrong with that........right?:| :irked:

I would love to see this done also, as i find the forms a nightmare to use but would prefer to sculpt than tip.

I do if one of my clients have chipped the corner of a nail off or to square the nail back off!

i just thought it was pure lazyness with me tho... I am glad others do it!

xx

The silk tip method is one of Bio Sculptures well liked methods too, although i do like using the form, but I believe that Zingara likes to do it the silk way with no form.

What bit I dont understand Katelisa is when you tip and dip over silk?!?!? How does that one work?

i apply the silk, then a coat or two of resin, then sprinkle the dipping powder over it, another coat of resin, more powder if needed, then spray and buff! So rather than dipping i sprinkle, cuz the silk would be a bit floppy! lol.

yep I do this mainly on repairs, ie if they've chipped a corner off, I thought I was being lazy not fitting a form !! but as long as you 'time' the product right it does do the trick xx and caps the free edge very nicely !

i always do this if i do a natural overlay with acrylic, i always go a tiny bit over,

but sometimes if i do a repair (just a chip ) i sculpt the whole lot without a form. like you say is just before the acrylic sets

jan x

when you say that you do it on repairs etc, yes i do do that too, but i often sculpt out a new set extending the length on all nails by about upto a centimetre
its just understanding when the product is " right"
ie too soft, it will flop,
too hard , it wont do it!!( lol)
just right , an extension of the nail!! without the form!!
i take the white( or whatever colour bead for the free edge)
place on the natural smile press into the smile, and then press out to form the new extension, sometimes if im too quick i have to gently put my brush underneath and lift slightly to bring it back up a tad, and then its set! voila

Latest posts

Back