Who else uses this technique for hand painted french polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive never used this method. first cuz i dont need to and 2nd cuz I apply base coat, then my french pink, then apply the white tip then top coat. so i couldn't anyway!

Yes you can! You do it just the same way very gently if you need to and then apply your top coat. If you use Nail Fresh to do the detail then you will never have a problem with smearing or removing anything you have done before!!

what do you think is better....pink then white tip. or white tip with pink over it?

Me too, I use nailfresh to tidy up my smile line.

I now don't hesitate if someone asks for a french polish as it used to fill me with dread. i don't have many regulars, but i do have a lady who has a french polish done every week, and I did them for her wedding on friday evening.

So easy it makes me wonder why I used to fuss.

Yes you can! You do it just the same way very gently if you need to and then apply your top coat. If you use Nail Fresh to do the detail then you will never have a problem with smearing or removing anything you have done before!!

I have to say, i rarely do the swipe, mainly because i didn't want to ruin the base.

Thanks for letting us know about this, it will come in handy when i am having a bad shaky hand day...lol.

I have to say, i rarely do the swipe, mainly because i didn't want to ruin the base.

Thanks for letting us know about this, it will come in handy when i am having a bad shaky hand day...lol.

Well you see, that is the cool thing about using Nail Fresh as opposed to acetone or polish remover or Scrub Fresh ...

Nail Fresh evaporates quicker than it can melt the polish ... so ... you tidy up and the polish does not get sticky!! Voila

What brush do you geeks think is best for the swipe?

Well personally I use a pointed gel brush, what do other geeks like?

I have seen others use a flat but slightly rounded on the end brush.

What is the main ingredient of scrubfresh?

Nailfresh is mental....it evaporates so quickly and leaves a cold feeling on the nail....I can't say for sure as I don't have one here but I'm sure it's ether based.....sure someone else can clarify.

Nailfresh is mental....it evaporates so quickly and leaves a cold feeling on the nail....I can't say for sure as I don't have one here but I'm sure it's ether based.....sure someone else can clarify.

You are correct.

I have never heard of using nail fresh its sucks cuz my base is usally just clear wit color tips. That is really good info.

I love this site

Nailfresh is fab, its far better than acetone or polish remover, it just melts the polish and there are no spidery line, just clear and crisp ones instead...

It rocks my nail world xxx

practice makes perfect girls... dont use this technique as a crutch! the more you do the better you will get. dont get lazy, anyone at home could do that on their own nails, they're paying for a proffesional service, give them something that they are impressed with ;)

i was taught this when i was training

fab technique for those with shaky hands but want perfect smiles

If I fluff a smile line with enamel, I use a corrector pen (fill the inside with scrubfresh and it lasts for ages) and the clients are all quite impressed. New nibs are available if it gets stained with red enamel etc. I always have mine at the ready - just in case !!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

If I fluff a smile line with enamel, I use a corrector pen (fill the inside with scrubfresh and it lasts for ages) and the clients are all quite impressed. New nibs are available if it gets stained with red enamel etc. I always have mine at the ready - just in case !!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Sorry but I hate corrector pens. For 1 they get gunked up and just spoil the job. for 2 they do not produce a sharpness. For 3 they are too hard and would spoil the base applications. Brush for me is the best way. PLUS Scrub Fresh does not evaporate quickly enough. If you try the brush and NAIL Fresh, you will never use a corrector pen again. It is just so much easier and more efficient.

I've been doing this for ages with acetone. It's the only way for me. My hands are just too shakey, no matter how I position them (too much caffeine maybe)

GREAT JOB!

I am glad you say your hands shake, i even tried laying off the caffeine, but to no avail - the shakes were still there! i put it down to being a bit of a perfectionist and wanting to look 110% - i know - i am mad - the clients never see the nails as i see them - they are always chuffed to bits!!!

Basically i think that if you find a techinque that works for you, then stick with it. We all work in different ways.:)

Basically i think that if you find a techinque that works for you, then stick with it. We all work in different ways.:)

Whilst I agree with you in some ways, it doesn't hurt to try something that may work even better and more efficiently than the way one is already working.

Latest posts

Back