Who else uses this technique for hand painted french polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i do...and i use the normal nailpolish brush...gotta say the new wide brush from OPI is great ia amazing though...much easier...

practice makes perfect girls... dont use this technique as a crutch! the more you do the better you will get. dont get lazy, anyone at home could do that on their own nails, they're paying for a proffesional service, give them something that they are impressed with ;)

Absolutely agree . . . in principle.

However it is not always a case of being lazy. I use pink and white gel or l&p for most clients who want a French manicure effect. It is quite rare that I do one using just nail polish and so the opportunities for perfecting are limited unless I just sit and practice and tbh I don't have much free time and that is not the way I wanna spend it :lol:. This particular photo is on natural nails, and my client base is 99% nail enhancements.

Can someone please give me a step by step on how to do french nails like this? Do you paint the white from side to side in one coat and then go over it up and down with a second coat?
It seems that often when I do the side to side, I get streaks in the white.
Do you paint the pink over the top of the white?
thanks so much!

:lol: hey great tip im new and havent heard of it so thanks and will give it a go !!!!!!!!!!
:rolleyes: paula xxxx

Can someone please give me a step by step on how to do french nails like this? Do you paint the white from side to side in one coat and then go over it up and down with a second coat?
It seems that often when I do the side to side, I get streaks in the white.
Do you paint the pink over the top of the white?
thanks so much!

Well I know geeks do this in different ways . . . but here's what I do

base coat
thin coat of white (personally I don't like side to side, I do tiny strokes towards the free edge but it's down to what you prefer) Don't use an old or thick white
dip brush in remover (I'd do the nails one by one) and sweep out the smile
second thin coat of white
coat of French pink/peach
Topcoat

Voila! good luck x

Leighton Denny has a corrector that is designed specifically for that and it was a life saver - I went into a job having not FPolished for years (airbrush user) LD coreector has a lil brush that was fab but a small nail art brush works just as well.

Never knew about the nail fresh:eek: - scrubfresh is great for getting the mm edging round red enamel so cant wait to try this out especially now I cant get my hands on LD anymore:cry:

Latest posts

Back