Who else uses this technique for hand painted french polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I am so chuffed with this new technique for applying French polish - well it's new to me anyway, I'm sure lots of you geeks have been doing it for years and I'm just a bit slow to catch on . . . :rolleyes:

I used a pointy gel brush dipped in remover to sweep out the smile line and make a more flattering shape, more like I would make with pink and white l&p, much prettier and my client was sooo impressed! I have always been a bit disappointed that I can't get such a good smile with just polish (this one was on natural nails btw, with enhancements I always use white l&p or white gel). Who else uses this technique then?
DSC01700.jpg

Oh that's great isn't it :rolleyes: can only see three nails out of ten . . . can anyone tell me how to resize my pics, I'm having such trouble :cry:

me me me i have done this for ages like you say it gives you much better smile line xx

Same over here. I use nailfresh with a fine pensel for it......pretty awsome stuff.

I've been doing this for ages with acetone. It's the only way for me. My hands are just too shakey, no matter how I position them (too much caffeine maybe)

GREAT JOB!

I love this method. Your pink looks a gorgeous colour, can you tell me what it is, I love it!

I used to do this until I became more proficient and don't have to anymore on hands, although I do still tidy up the smile when doing toes. I prefer not to have to do it as I feel that I am faffing around and think it looks more professional (and quicker) if you can get it right without having to tidy up.

I used to have to always tidy up but when I started to aim to get it right rather than aiming to tidy up, my technique improved. I would rather someone tidied up to achieve a good finish than not bother and send the client out the door with a bad French.

i use this technique with nail fresh or scrubfresh whatever is to hand. the clients love it and always comment on thats how a professional does it...tricks of the trade!

you can get a lovely smile line and neaten up sqiffy edges....it creates such a crisp line.

Becks

I use this too. I dip my brush in nailfresh and tidy up the smile line. Give such a lovely crisp finish. Leighton Denny shows this method too. (only with his gorgeous products of course).

I try most of the time to achieve my french without having to backswipe it, but if I am having a shakey hand day I do use this method.

Its a great technique but have never needed to use it.

I think you have to move fast when applying a french, go slow and you get loads of probs.

i've not tried this before! i'll have to remember that tip!

I try most of the time to achieve my french without having to backswipe it, but if I am having a shakey hand day I do use this method.

:lol:dt's

They look great!
I try to do them without swiping as well as I find I actually get nervous swiping - silly I know!

I taught myself to do french manicure, and i've always just dipped a cotton wool bud stick in nail varnish remover and tidied up, hopefully one day I wont need to do this lol x

They look great!
I try to do them without swiping as well as I find I actually get nervous swiping - silly I know!

Not silly, I do know what you mean here . . . .

I never used to consider I "needed" to swipe, the way I used to do it, just freehand, worked well and looked neat, but I just find I can get a smilier smile this way. I have a very steady hand but I still find it hard to get a French this smiley freehand. I use OPI polishes.

Am definitely going to try this. I did a French polish yesterday and was sooo embarrassed!! My smiles were sh*t - I kept having to re-do them. Luckily the lady was very patient and I didnt have a client right after her but I was mortified.:irked: i had just finished a large coffee and i dont normally drink caffeine - this also didnt help!!

What brush do you think is best to do the tidying bit?

Ive never used this method. first cuz i dont need to and 2nd cuz I apply base coat, then my french pink, then apply the white tip then top coat. so i couldt neway!

Ive never used this method. first cuz i dont need to and 2nd cuz I apply base coat, then my french pink, then apply the white tip then top coat. so i couldt neway!

Exactly how I do mine - so now I know why I dont swipe, lol!

Latest posts

Back