Who inspires you and why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lila22

Reaction score
Just seen this asked in a magazine and thought i dont really have an over all role model, I have fashion icons like Audrey Hepburn ect but for a general role model i dont know!
Just wondering what other geek's have as there inspiration and why?:)xx

Hi

My dad! Hes such an amazing man! built his own business and I have seen what his hard work has let him (and myself) have in life.

Loads of other reasons but I dont wanna get soppy!

x

Hi

My dad! Hes such an amazing man! built his own business and I have seen what his hard work has let him (and myself) have in life.

Loads of other reasons but I dont wanna get soppy!

x
Ahh thats really nice, bet he is proud of you to x

Thanks - he didnt want me to go into hair and beauty for ages he didnt think it was well paid enough or "academic" enough I was expected to be a lawyer (I have a law degree) but since showing him my business plan and that I am serious about it hes coming around to the idea - hes like every other dad he just wants the best for me lol

Celebrity wise I dont really have any idols as such, but people who are self made always impresses me! Someone like Michelle Mone

xx

I don't really have an idol, but like ClaireL, my parents inspire me the most.

When they met, they had nothing (divorced previous partners). They both decided to be self-employed... my dad is a window/door/conservatory salesman and my mum is a financial advisor (one of the top 100 in the UK).

They have both shown me how to be my best and I look up to them.
I think this is why my business has made a profit in the first 6 months.

They both were so disappointed when I said I wanted to "do nails" but they thought I wanted to work for someone else in a salon and said I was "much too smart for that beauty malarkey". When I ignored them and did it anyway, they realised how serious I was and backed me all the way.

Great thread :) xxx

I don't really have an idol, but like ClaireL, my parents inspire me the most.

When they met, they had nothing (divorced previous partners). They both decided to be self-employed... my dad is a window/door/conservatory salesman and my mum is a financial advisor (one of the top 100 in the UK).

They have both shown me how to be my best and I look up to them.
I think this is why my business has made a profit in the first 6 months.

They both were so disappointed when I said I wanted to "do nails" but they thought I wanted to work for someone else in a salon and said I was "much too smart for that beauty malarkey". When I ignored them and did it anyway, they realised how serious I was and backed me all the way.

Great thread :) xxx

Ahhh thats lovely, good for you following what you wanted to do.
I guess i look to my parents as role models when it comes to some things, they have been married for 41 years and started with nothing and my dad has worked hard to give us the best in life, they are stll "in love" which is nice after all that time so i look up to them in that sense. xx

Latest posts

Back