Who is behind the screen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With over 9,000 members all over the world that would be impossible.
We recently have added sections to profiles for everyone to fill out their work experience and qualifications, and by and large it has been ignored, even by the people who keep moaning about non pros on the site ;) including you!

I started this thread in February, and yes it should be down to our own intelligence and common sense, but sadly some people still do like to put personal and intimate details of their life on here.
Examples lately have been about boyfriends complicated love lives, details of self employed staff's earnings....I could go on! Most of it gets cleared up with a PM and then people delete their own posts, but some thing still slip through the net.
Would you believe I have had to delete several posts from this actual thread back in February because it went totally off topic with people's toilet habits :eek:

Common sense is not all that common after all ;)

Oh gosh, I for one wouldn't want to read about other peoples toilet habits! Threads like this highlight the issues but one suggestion could be to have a sticky tab of sight rules and regulations!

Setting out clearly what will and won't be tolerated, what's likely to be deleted and general site etiquette.

As someone new ish to the site I learnt much about the site etiquette and rules from other geeks in passing conversation not from any info offered at the start of my sign up!

Even a welcome email that goes out when you join staying rules (they might have that and I can't remember as I signed up years ago but didn't ever come on) whatever it is it would make your job easier if we were all reminded!

Would be very difficult, anyone can take a photo of some one else's qualifications and use it to get on the site! Although I do agree with you! X

But it would require more effort for them to do, even if they did go through the effort, at least a certain % wouldn't even attempt to try because the hassle x

With over 9,000 members all over the world that would be impossible.
We recently have added sections to profiles for everyone to fill out their work experience and qualifications, and by and large it has been ignored, even by the people who keep moaning about non pros on the site ;) including you!

I started this thread in February, and yes it should be down to our own intelligence and common sense, but sadly some people still do like to put personal and intimate details of their life on here.
Examples lately have been about boyfriends complicated love lives, details of self employed staff's earnings....I could go on! Most of it gets cleared up with a PM and then people delete their own posts, but some thing still slip through the net.
Would you believe I have had to delete several posts from this actual thread back in February because it went totally off topic with people's toilet habits :eek:

Common sense is not all that common after all ;)

Work experience & qualifications? Didn't notice there was a section to fill out, I'll take a look when I get on the laptop.

I think the initial topic of this thread is appropriate again there are 519 members and 681 guests currently logged on and can read all the threads, and over the last few weeks there have been more and more intimate personal issues being discussed on here.

Do people really want their Intimate, personal business and health issues viewed by the World Wide Web?

Remember that chit chat is like this sites staff room where we chat and blether, and have a laugh, but I am sure some of these recent topics would be ones best discussed with a GP, good friend or whispered to a trusted colleague at work as you wouldn't want the whole salon to know!

Anyone can make up any 'personal' stories that they like. Probably, like the qualifications, half of them aren't true either...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Anyone can make up any 'personal' stories that they like. Probably, like the qualifications, half of them aren't true either...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

That is your personal opinion, and really is not the topic of this thread.

I agree on personal information and pictures of our children - keep them safe

I responded to a post on depression the other day, then realised I'm hardly annonymous so clients and all sorts could see it, but then if asked I am very open about it as thats a reason depression is so taboo, but my friend once said to me if you wouldn't talk to mum,gran or your gp about it do not stick it on a public forum. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I honestly think this site should only be opened to qualified people in the industry, i.e email photocopies of our certificates to prove we are actual trade and not someone looking in on our tricks of the trade. So to speak..

Totally agree.

Latest posts

Back