who is entering ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel fingers

Reaction score
i just finished submitting my strut your stuff competition mixed media entry, who else is having a try this year?

Where do you find out about these competitions???? Good Luck

Oooo good luck:)

Nobody else giving it a go?

Really no one else.....just angel fingers?

Usually a load of Geeks enter this particular competition....and do very well ;).

I am only just getting back up to speed with my nails after a 6 month break otherwise I may have been tempted. I will definitely be up for Strut your Stuff next year!!!

It is a pity that no one seems to get excited about competitions on here any more, even the big competitions at the shows didn't rate many threads on here this year.

Is it because no geeks are entering competitions or is it just a general apathy?

Usually a load of Geeks enter this particular competition....and do very well ;).

I am only just getting back up to speed with my nails after a 6 month break otherwise I may have been tempted. I will definitely be up for Strut your Stuff next year!!!

It is a pity that no one seems to get excited about competitions on here any more, even the big competitions at the shows didn't rate many threads on here this year.

Is it because no geeks are entering competitions or is it just a general apathy?

I wouldnt dream of entering anything yet being so new to nails but would love to in the future. I was thinking myself theres not much talk of competitions anymore. Good luck Angel fingers!! x

i just finished submitting my strut your stuff competition mixed media entry, who else is having a try this year?

I am. Just need to get the pics done!

You know I would have entered but I wasn't able,,
I was thinking about this today when I was flicking through scratch, there are not many uk techs who do comps the ones who do are fab but it also seems to be the same ones every year, its amazing when you think every high street has at least 2 nail techs .....
do you think it is the levle of teaching? pink and white comp nails are different to regular salon nails right? and alot of nail teachers (not all) will tell you not to bother to much with nail art cos it isnt needed/'wanted ive been told this ,.
so maybe that students are not being encouraged to do comp style nails is part of it?

You know I would have entered but I wasn't able,,
I was thinking about this today when I was flicking through scratch, there are not many uk techs who do comps the ones who do are fab but it also seems to be the same ones every year, its amazing when you think every high street has at least 2 nail techs .....
do you think it is the levle of teaching? pink and white comp nails are different to regular salon nails right? and alot of nail teachers (not all) will tell you not to bother to much with nail art cos it isnt needed/'wanted ive been told this ,.
so maybe that students are not being encouraged to do comp style nails is part of it?

For me, it's an issue of time. I spend most of my time trying to earn a living in the salon. To find the extra time to perfect competition techniques is very difficult.

Ceri, I thought you would be able to enter the seniors this year.

I wanted to give it a go as my first but i've just not had the time over the last few weeks to sit down and do anything about it.

Good luck to those who have!

Latest posts

Back