Who likes Olaplex? Great love letter!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stylists911

AskMags.com,a Stylists 911
Reaction score
Martine Robertson
At Olaplex every testimonial moves us, this one just stole our hearts. We hope that you will share it around so that we can find more hero's like Carolyn M. of Boston, MA. Thanks Carolyn, for letting us share your story! We would love to hear all of your testimonies! Please feel free to share them here or email us, [email protected] or [email protected].‪#‎olaplexsavestheday‬

Dear Olaplex,

I thought you might like to hear about a situation that occurred in our salon on this past Wednesday. One of my co-workers clients came in with her 15 year old daughter, who has GORGEOUS level 2-3 naturally wavy, virgin hair. The client wanted the colorist to color the ends of her blue. Using 40Vol. bleach, she applied foils to just the ends of her hair-probably going up about 3-4" from the bottom. Then the colorist sat down to chat with clients Mom. Within about 7 minutes, she saw smoke coming from the foils and by the time she got her to the sink to rinse her, the foiled hair had turned to this horrible burnt orange color and was literally melting off this poor little girls head! The smell wasn't like burnt hair, but like an indescribable chemical smell which permeated throughout our good sized salon. Of course it was immediately obvious to her that her foiled hair had, for the most part, been pretty irreversibly damaged as it was falling off as her colorist was combing through it. She was very visibly upset and crying pretty hard-super sad situation-especially for that age. Our salon doesn't use Olaplex, but I keep my own personal stash as I have been using it for a while on myself and my own clients and I love it. When the stylist had cut off as much of the super-damaged as she could, as of course the little girl wanted a minimal hair cut, there were still a lot of areas of hair that were burnt higher into her hair and a lot of her ends were still pretty bad. I got out my Olaplex 2 and started slathering it onto her hair and I swear, it was miraculous! Upon contact anywhere that Olaplex touched the burnt hair, it pretty much turned it into normal feeling and looking hair and instantly you could see it was much, MUCH better! The young girl also could see this and immediately was feeling more assured that her hair wasn't ruined. Her Mom and our other clients also couldn't believe their eyes as of course, everyone saw this situation unfold. We sent her home with the Olaplex no.2 in her hair. So many other things could have made this bad scenario worse: the Mom could've freaked; she didn't-this lady was a total class act and an incredible example to her daughter and all of us, the colorist could've highlighted higher into the hair, she also could've highlighted along the front sides as we often do, but thankfully did neither. The reason this happened is still kind of a mystery. Here in the Boston area, a lot of towns have funky water and a lot of people have private wells. The water is still potable, but has high (unknown) mineral contents. This family has a well. The well water could've caused this reaction. Makes you remember not to be complacent about consulting w/your client about their water supply, also makes you remember not to leave your client unattended if you've never done a bleach/color service on them. Bottom line though, we don't know why this happened. What we do know is the next day the Mom texted us a picture of her daughter’s hair and it was waaaay better! Olaplex no.2 seriously saved the day and made that little girl a lot happier! Just thought you might like to know your product made someone feel so much better!
Thank you!!
Carolyn M. of Boston, MA

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153970654789834&set=gm.1030655616997695&type=3

Latest posts

Back