who likes tattoos who does not ....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love tattoos' i have seven and with each one they have gotten bigger.....but on me they arent on places i flash about they are for me....mine are all with in the same theme as well not just 7 mish mash tattoo's that are non discript......and i love peircings...i used to have 6 piercings but took them out when i saw every man and his dog with them and i didnt get them to be part of the norm...iykwim.
i love tattoos on men the large latin and symbolic ones..

i must say i would never have BIG tattoos....dont know why,but i dont like woman with BIG tattoos..i think when people say they will look horrible when you gain weight or old i have to say that when we have kids some people get stretch marks <i am one of them> are you never gonna have kids because your worried about stretch marks......NO!!!!!!!! as getting old we all have to 1 day.... life is too short to worry about tattoos..my mates hubbys funeral today he died of skin cancer at the tender age of 36. he leaves his wife and there 2 kids aged 5 and 9.so that tells me live is too short.

Love my tattoos. All seven....
If you want to see the guy who does mine in action watch London Ink on Discovery Realtime Sunday evenings....his name is Louis Molloy.
When they fade you just get them done again...easy:)

I have to get my stars on my left foot done all the time cos they wear off cos they are in line to the rim of my shoes.

I have 9 tattoos, I love them big stylee!! Have another 4 planned.......My favourite covers almost all of my back and took just under 14 hours (not in one sitting mind I am not that crazy!!!)
Yeah people say they dont look good when you are in your 70s...to be fair I wont be looking my best in my 70s tattoos or no tattoos!!!!!!!!!

One of my tattoos is two simple words....No Regrets!!!!

Interesting thread - I would love to see any piccies of your tattoos

I have a fascination with tattoos although I only have 1 small one which was done 11 years ago. I am planning another ~ well 2, one going on my spine from the back of my neck to between my shoulder blades and one on the side of my foot.
I would love to go to London Ink or even better Miami Ink (dream on!!) to have it done.

Your a lucky girl Judy ~ Louis Molloy is HOT!!
kx

I am useless at uploading pics on here but all mine are on my photos on myspace/leechappy

i will get my hubby to look tomorrow so you can have pics does anybody have ideas how to do it......i went to comment and you have insert image is that the one???? i must say this is a interesting read thank you all for replying ........ keep them coming!!!!

I got my first tattoo when I was 25; even though I had wanted one for ages before that, I waited until I had found exactly the right artist to do the design I wanted. He and worked on the pic together until I was satisfied, and then he inked it for me on the front of my right thigh, ajacent to my bikini triangle. Having gotten a stylized pic of the Pisces fish, I knew it was a piece that I wouldn't get tired of having or be embarassed about when I got older and I got in a spot that wasn't visible unless I was wearing a bathing suit or in an intimate situation.

Getting the tat was something I did just for me as a symbol of rebirth after spiritual death from a particularly nasty occurance. 7 years later, I had fire and water tattooed encircling the original design to mark the achievement of balance in my life after a very long struggle for it. My tat is personal, I didn't pick #5 off the wall of flash just because it's trendy or looks cute, it's something with a very personal meaning and I will never regret it. Even my Mum, who almost fainted when she first saw it 14 yrs ago, now loves it, although she's quick to add she would never get one. I got my tat for the same reason aboriginal warriors in North America did the Sundance ritual and proudly wore the scars afterwards; it's the symbol remembrance of the rite of passage from one stage of my life to the next. It's unique to me and like me; I'm not #5 off the wall:!:

I got my first tattoo when I was 25; even though I had wanted one for ages before that, I waited until I had found exactly the right artist to do the design I wanted. He and worked on the pic together until I was satisfied, and then he inked it for me on the front of my right thigh, ajacent to my bikini triangle. Having gotten a stylized pic of the Pisces fish, I knew it was a piece that I wouldn't get tired of having or be embarassed about when I got older and I got in a spot that wasn't visible unless I was wearing a bathing suit or in an intimate situation.

Getting the tat was something I did just for me as a symbol of rebirth after spiritual death from a particularly nasty occurance. 7 years later, I had fire and water tattooed encircling the original design to mark the achievement of balance in my life after a very long struggle for it. My tat is personal, I didn't pick #5 off the wall of flash just because it's trendy or looks cute, it's something with a very personal meaning and I will never regret it. Even my Mum, who almost fainted when she first saw it 14 yrs ago, now loves it, although she's quick to add she would never get one. I got my tat for the same reason aboriginal warriors in North America did the Sundance ritual and proudly wore the scars afterwards; it's the symbol remembrance of the rite of passage from one stage of my life to the next. It's unique to me and like me; I'm not #5 off the wall:!:

A real tattoo artist wouldn't even have a #5 on the wall.
I totally agree that tattoos are a very personal thing and it's not only the customer but the tattoo artist (and yes..they are, or should actually be ARTISTS) who decides if its ok to go ahead.
My mum has just about got used to the idea but I've got to admit will never be happy with me having tattoos...and I've not finished yet, Louis will be covering one on my hip hopefully early next year.:)
OK....I'm shy as you may well know... but here's some of mine:lol:

Attachments

• Picture 063.jpg
    Picture 063.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 81
  • tattoo 007.jpg
    tattoo 007.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 80
Getting the tat was something I did just for me

This is what I did...I positively think that getting " ink" is personal.....I would never pick something "just off the wall"

prefer to watch Miami ink before it all of em are lovely. I have 11 tattoos. bottom of back i have couple then the rest I have designed myself like my orchid and ballet shoes as I dance and I grow orchids. I also have a portrait of my English bull terrier which is fantastic. Hubby has got quite alot as well. LOVE EM!!! can't wait to get another done!!!:):):)

This is such an interesting thread...

It shows how you (or should I say I) make judgements and assumptions about people - I mean just from reading their posts on a nail forum....

I find myself surprised at who does/doesn't have tattoes, yet I really have nothing to base that on. Anyone else find themselves thinking, "I wouldn't have guessed ---- had a tattoo?"

For me, it's not my thing. I don't think I'd really enjoy the end product on my body.

tattoos are interesting things, i like some of them, hate others, they can look really cheap.
What's fashionable today, may be out of fashion tomorrow.
When you get a tat, the thing you have to remember is ........ what's it gonna look like when you are ......... let's just say "an older person" and they resemble some blurred mess that looks like you got them during a stint in gaol.

I know quite a few peeps that their tats have spoilt many opportunities for them.

I realise everyone is entitled to an opinion, but one day the person that has an opinion on them, may be the person interviewing you for a job.

Tattoos , I like to think of each tattoo as a story ,
each one has a story behind it , I think its so interesting listening to all the storys ,
some are works of art ,
I like tattos but not on me ,
only because my skin is not as full of collagen anymore LOL:hug: x

i am sj's husband and i am a tattooist and i have been reading this with great interest. tattoos should never be looked at as a fashion accessories they are art. as for ink fading this is not very common nowadays with the new pigments we use. i hope that soon it will be as common place as having your nails done lol. people who have tattoos should not be frowned upon they are entitled to have what they want.keep the comments coming as i am really intrested in what people think in regards to tattooing.:green:

I love tattoo's I have 4 in total:
#1 I got when I was 16 it's a butterfly on my ankle
#2 I got when I was 23 it's a flower with celtic vines on my lower back
#3 I got when I was 24 its a dragonfly just above my lower back flower tattoo
#4 I got when I was 25 it's my 2 kids names surrounded by frangipani's on my shoulder

none of mine have faded at all not even my butterfly that i got 10 years ago, it still
looks as good as the day it was inked on me!!
I only want one more, It will be a Jasmin flower on my foot, in memory on my neice who
passed away

i love my partners tatoos..he has a indians face on his very muscular upper arm..and a tribal band thingy on his forearm..very sexy..i want him to get more on his other arm to balnce it out..but he only wants a "sleeve".
On women i think less is best..if its on show..IMO something tiny and feminine..i would love one but the sound of the gun and the pain factor..i think i would faint and have to be carried out with a partial outline:lol:
Amy Whinehouse (again JMHO) is a perfect example how they can look cheap and nasty on women.

dont like em !

Saying that i can 'warm to some of the new ones but the old ones....mam, dad, england etc with the faded ink eeeeeeeeeeukkkk not for me i have an image in my head of what the person is like (that is so wrong:green:) lol

Horses for courses it just wouldnt do if we were all the same now would it!

AMb x:hug:

Latest posts

Back