Who offers all 3????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scratchers

Reaction score
Hello everyone hope you are all well,

At the moment i am taking my master in acrylic.
I have also done my course in gel but haven't offered it to any clients as i had not worked on it enough to do on clients, i have just finshed a full set on my friend today and i am really pleased so i am going to do my masters in gel also and put it on my price lists after some more practise.

Whilst on my course on sunday myself and jac booked to do the fibre glass course, i am hoping that all goes well and i am able to pass my masters in all 3 systems and also offer all 3 in the salon.

I just wondered how many of us are trained or training in all 3 systems and do you offer all 3 in you salon?

Do you find it is too much to offer all 3 as your are always changing or do you find its not a problem?

I do offer all three but must admit, I do mostly L&P. I have never been asked for fibreglass nails, but I do offer this to my natural nail clients as a repair option rather than losing a nail.

Whenever I am asked for gel, I wil ask the client why they want gel, and if they tell me it is because it is kinder to their nails blah blah blah, then I will give them the facts and then they are happy to leave the choice up to me as to whichever I think is best for them.

I suppose because I do mostly L&P, this is what I am more comfortable with. I have never been too happy with my gel nails, and I suspect my clients arent either as they dont seem to return - not that there have been many.

I have done training in gel but because I am hardly ever asked for it, I dont get the practise to improve my skills - chicken and egg, I suppose.

Hi Kirsty, I guess I am with Fi on this one, I did a lot of silk wraps in one salon I worked in, but now I mainly do L&P and for the same reasons as both of you, I can never seem to get my gel smiles as crisp as my L&P and am never quite as happy with the finished look, I mainly use it for natural nail repairs now,but would like to have a go at competing in it in the future.

I trained in all three systems. Now from choice I just use l&p and gel. Silks/fibreglass is ok but tbh not something there was a great demand for in my area and it can't do anything that the other two cannot. I mostly use l&p, about 65/35. I think l&p offers most versatility and certainly the most strength.

The salon I work in offers gel and acrylic only. However, acrylic is most popular.

At home I also use Acrylic and Gel, however I am considering getting a Creative Fabric kit. I'd like to offer all three. :green:

I do all three and don't find it a problem to switch. Just need to keep all three going to keep up with skills I guess.

Thanks everyone,

i think it is good to train in all 3 to have the knowledge of the diferent systems and also to be able to offer all 3 in the salon but am worried about chopping and changing from system to system, like we always say progression comes with doing it more often and alot of people do have acrylic.

I love acrylic but really would like to master gel as well as i know alot of people in my area do ask for it and even when i tell them the benefits of acrylic they seem to still want gel, and i hate turning people away.

The man reason for doing all 3 is to get my Grand masters and become an educator, but once i have practised gel more i will offer it in the salon, will post a pic of the ones i have done today, tomorrow so you can all have a laugh xx:green:xx

I can do all 3 but never do any Fabric# anymore, so its kind of 50/50 with Brisa and L&P!!
Tbh, if somebody rang up now to have a set of Fabric# hubby would be wearing a practice set asap!! To get me back into it again!! lol

All 3 systems are available at my salon. However, I promote L&P more for the reasons highlighted already. I only do Brisa Gel on toes as although Brisa p&ws look lovely, I seem to have a service breakdown after about the 2nd rebalance (probably my technique lacking perhaps). I am about to do a Biosculpture Course to promote for NNOs and for those clients who are stubbornly anti gel or L&P. I have had quite a few enquiries for Biosculpture from a few people and I like the way it soaks off so easily and I have been so impressed with the natural nail on removal too. I used to enjoy doing fibreglass but seldom use it now since I have become more proficient in L&P.

I trained in all 3 systems but still hate fibreglass. I just don't find it fun for some reason.
The majority of my clients are L&p.

when i get my buisness going im will be offering all 3. Fiberglass for natural nail repairs mostly, then gel and l&p of course

Thanks very much ladies, well watch this space to see how it all turns out xx

I only offer L&P and brisa at the moment, but am doing my fiberglass induction next month as I feel even though there might not be the call for it, I need to be able to offer all 3.

I'm waiting for my L&P masters exam at the moment and then will move on to my brisa/fiberglass masters, I haven't got the same experience with brisa as most of my clients have L&P and have no problems, but for me its important to be good at them all , then I'll be equipped for what ever walks in the door.

I only offer L&P and brisa at the moment, but am doing my fiberglass induction next month as I feel even though there might not be the call for it, I need to be able to offer all 3.

I'm waiting for my L&P masters exam at the moment and then will move on to my brisa/fiberglass masters, I haven't got the same experience with brisa as most of my clients have L&P and have no problems, but for me its important to be good at them all , then I'll be equipped for what ever walks in the door.

That is exactly the same as what i am doing and want to do!! i also think to be a good educator you need the knowledge of all 3 systems and not just one!! xx

I offer all three in my salon too but i also hate fibreglass and silk wraps
its mostly acrylic on finger nails and gel on toe nails, I have the odd one who would like Gel only but no one seems to like fibreglass or silk wraps
I think its best to keep up the skill though as you never know when a client will walk through the door and ask do you do xyz.....
if you are competent in all three systems then you have no need to turn that client away

I trained in all three but didn't do fibreglass for years. I have been doing a bit of practice with it but think I need to do anothe class with it.

I trained in all three too, but as no one ever liked the fibre glass, my resin used to go off because it was never used.

deb x

I trained in all 3 - but tbh i only really do acrylic, the odd gel client (lots of gel toes though) but i've never been asked for fabric - so i've lost my confidence in it totally.

I want to get to grips with gel but Im working towards my L&P masters exam at the moment so want to concentrate on that and then will move on to getting more practise with brisa. xx

I also trained in all 3 but mainly do l&p. Some clients want gel as it's what they had before, so I done my gel conversion last week so I am using the same line of product for both. I have to say I really enjoy working with gel and love the finished look.

I really only use fibreglass for repairs but will do my conversion on it soon.

I offer all 3 systems but I must admit I hate fabric too, so it is very very rare I do it, only if a client insists! I do about 80% L&P 20% gel. I prefer L&P as I find it easier to use and get more satisfation from it.:)

Latest posts

Back