Who to train with!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondenproud

Reaction score
Hi All,
Don't anyone shout at me because i know alot of you are creative trained on here...
But i am only 18 (still a little girl) and there courses are FAR to expensive for me at the moment.
So iv looked and i have no idea who to train with.
I was thinking about EZFlow but they dont do a course near me and as i dont drive just yet (got my test next week :Scared: ) Its hard for me to travel about.
Just wanted some of your views on who are good to train with and arnt too expensive.

Thanx Emma xx

blondenproud said:
Hi All,
Don't anyone shout at me because i know alot of you are creative trained on here...
But i am only 18 (still a little girl) and there courses are FAR to expensive for me at the moment.
So iv looked and i have no idea who to train with.
I was thinking about EZFlow but they dont do a course near me and as i dont drive just yet (got my test next week :Scared: ) Its hard for me to travel about.
Just wanted some of your views on who are good to train with and arnt too expensive.

Thanx Emma xx

Hi Emma, i am Creative trained and I found their training good. Have you looked at Essential Nails home training? You have to pay for what you get I'm afraid, Creative products are good to use, and seem to suit most clients. I wouldn't suggest cheap training, as you really need to learn the practical & the theory about nails etc...

Where abouts in England do you live so we can help a bit better?

I know you may think creative is too expensive but trust me it would be worth every penny. Dont you think it would be better in the long run if you paid a little more for better training?

Hi Emma,

My personal opinion is that if "you buy cheap, you buy expensive".

There are lots of training companies out there who do cheap 2 day courses, but the training you receive isn't worth the paper it's written on.

If I was you, I would try to save some money or perhaps borrow the money from somewhere, and get good quality training from day one. In the long run, if you get worthless training, it will cost you a fortune trying to get proper training as so many geeks on here will tell you, as they made the same expensive mistake.

River

Hi Emma,

Welcome to the site you will love it here!

Do your research first? I personally think it is worth saving your pennies to do some good training witrh a reputal company & one that is highly recognized & rated in the industry.

I know some courses can be expensive but they are sooo worth it. Doing a search on this site will help with your decisions.

I'm in Nottingham if that helps at all.

Perhaps i should go with creative, Just thinking if i did train with someone else i'd probably convert to creative in a few years anyway.

Hi I trained with NSI in Manchester, course was approx £500...I qualified a month ago, love the NSI products and the training was excellent...but my ambition is to become a master nail tech (if I'm any good!) so when I can afford it and if I do get good enough I will go with Creative to fulfil that ambition!! But I don't feel my NSI training has gone to waste, only been qualified one month and was offered to rent a table in a beauty salon, I jumped at the opportunity so I am just trying to build up a client base now!

blondenproud said:

Perhaps i should go with creative, Just thinking if i did train with someone else i'd probably convert to creative in a few years anyway.

Me too!

I'm NSI and I love it - the products, staff, tutors!

blondenproud said:

Why pay for two courses when you can pay for the Creative course on it's own knowing you get the best training there is. Hun please don't make the same mistake I did, I literally threw away £1000 on training and products that I could not afford before I trained with Creative. You get what you pay for, honestly!

xxxx

Who did you train with in Manchester and when? I trained with Bev, she was lovely and made me feel at complete ease! I trained in July this year.

Fingertips ND said:
Me too!

I'm NSI and I love it - the products, staff, tutors!

Bev - she is the nicest lady I have trained with and she's doing my nails at her salon in September!

Lucky you...she is very good isn't she! I'm planning on doing manicure & pedicure course in Sept and hope that she is doing that...I will ask when I book it!
Fingertips ND said:
Bev - she is the nicest lady I have trained with and she's doing my nails at her salon in September!

I done VTCT course, and done Brisa conversion recently. I would say forget the VTCT (im sure people have had some good experiences!) and do the Creative foundation course. All the extra money i had to spend on the extra bits and kits, nail trainer, varnish, acetone etc, etc.......it all mounts up and cost more than the foundation course.

Dont make same mistakes i made :smack:

Think carefully! GOOD LUCK

I learnt the expensive way and am now converting to Creative which I wish I'd done in the begining If only I'd found the Nail Geek back in January! You cant comprimise on top quality training and the price of the course is very reasonable considering all you get. You could always apply for a credit card with 0% apr, loads of them do it, its a good way to spread the cost without paying huge amounts of intrest. (Im a pro at it). Sorry I probably shouldnt be encouraging you to get into debt. But if all goes well which Im sure it will then you will recoupe the cost of your course and more through clients.

Good luck and enjoy

If you can't afford to go with th company of your choice. Look around and see exactly what youa re being offerd by other companies. With th creative trainign you get tools, kit and uniform which are all things we need and ahve to buy. Look at the othe companies and divide over the amount of days and costs of ad on s like kit and see what works best for you.
i made expensive mistake in teh beginign and do wish hat i had someone to point out to me the various options. Get a prospectus from all the comapnies in your area that come highly recommended and then maybe pay thema visit and see which one you like.

Good luck

Thanx for all your help Peeps much appriciated!!

(Sorry about the spelling):D

Latest posts

Back