Who uses d-Solve instead of Nourishing Remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire bear

Reaction score
Who has permanently changed to nourishing remover and who still uses d solve? I know nourishing remover is obviously better for the nails but is there any reason we shouldn't use d solve instead? Does it affect longevity of shellac? X

I dont use d solve but I use pure acetone and I also use nourishing remover. I will eventually change of completely to NR when my acetone runs out but currently I have gallons of the stuff so it wont be happening any time soon LOL

I've certain clients who I'll only use NR on because their nails are very prone to dehydration but that apart I plod on with acetone.

Karaxxx

Funny you ask. I'm just putting an order in and have swapped d solve for NR for the first time

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I hate the smell of the the nourishing remover. I still use dsolve.

I still use dsolve. Seem to get on with it better. I still have quite a bit of nourishing remover and will go back to it when I have finished the dsolve.

I dont mind the smell. It's that I couldn't get to grips with it and it evaporates quicker than dsolve and my pots are not the best. Also the solvents evaporate very fast meaning it didn't work very well!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Me I'm not keen on the nourishing remover x

Was in S2 yesterday, and bought D-solve and D-sperse. I tend to stick to what I know works.

I have gone back to using D'solve rather than Nourishing Remover, I found the NR wasn't great at removing Gelish, and as I use both Shellac and Gelish I needed something that removed both easily and quickly.

I use D-solve and don't find that it has any adverse effects on my shellac. My clients all get approximately 2-4 weeks out of their manicure xx

I use both x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I use both and like both, but if I'm honest tend to buy dsolve more because it's cheaper!

I use acetone but put solar oil on first before I wrap.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I use both, but cannot handle using NR all the time because I can't bear how it smells or feels. When I use DSolve I pop a drop of Solar Oil on each nail too.

I have fully swapped over to NR. I even use it successfully for removing acrylic. Have nothing negative to say about it really 😊

I like dsolve out of the two. I did recently use Cuccio Veneer remover as I use both shellac and veneer but can't stand it as its too oily. Ive just purchased DSolve from Ellisons as I prefer it. I think NR is too pricey for what it is and find DSolve works better anyway.

I use pure acetone but can't remove shellac in 10 mins. Do u think it would help to use dsolve instead? Is there anything extra in it that helps ? I do struggle with removal as it takes longer than 10 mins for me . I wrap with cotton pad ( just a regular cheapy one ) in acetone. & wrap & use hot water bottle sometimes. Have tried to get my coats thin esp base coat . Do u have any other tips? Thanks

I use pure acetone but can't remove shellac in 10 mins. Do u think it would help to use dsolve instead? Is there anything extra in it that helps ? I do struggle with removal as it takes longer than 10 mins for me . I wrap with cotton pad ( just a regular cheapy one ) in acetone. & wrap & use hot water bottle sometimes. Have tried to get my coats thin esp base coat . Do u have any other tips? Thanks

I do the same as you but don't usually have a problem, the only time it's more difficult is if I've used two top coats or if I leave them on too long and the pads start to dry. If this happens then I have to reapply the acetone as the shellac starts to harden again.

Karaxxx

I am from Germany and I would be very very happy if there would be an option for me to order D solve. I had D solve ca. two/three years ago. I got it from ebay in the canister. Than came Nourishing remover on the German market and I was glad to order a good remover from the German Distributor MAHA. But - I have also the opinion that D solve works a little bit better than the Nourishing remover. I registered at Ellisons but they don`t ship every thing they offer to Germany. D solve is such a thing. Ebay only offers very small bottlings since months, not the canister size I had times ago. So that is not profitable for me.

Perhaps some of you have an idea how it can be possible for me to get D solve?

I am from Germany and I would be very very happy if there would be an option for me to order D solve. I had D solve ca. two/three years ago. I got it from ebay in the canister. Than came Nourishing remover on the German market and I was glad to order a good remover from the German Distributor MAHA. But - I have also the opinion that D solve works a little bit better than the Nourishing remover. I registered at Ellisons but they don`t ship every thing they offer to Germany. D solve is such a thing. Ebay only offers very small bottlings since months, not the canister size I had times ago. So that is not profitable for me.

Perhaps some of you have an idea how it can be possible for me to get D solve?

Have you contacted sweet squared? They can either offer to send it and charge you postage or they'll say no. As far as I'm aware, it's a UK product. They may even know of a distributor in Germany x

Thanks for responding, I had Sweet Squared in my mind but thought, if Ellisons don`t ship D Solve to Germany, Sweet Squared will also not do it because the companies have the same rules. But your post encouraged me to do a request. I am curious of the replay.

Latest posts

Back