Who watched "Boys & Girls Alone" & was shocked??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sknight

Reaction score
I cannot believe this program!! Kids bullying each other. Did anyone else see future criminals?? I did! What a disgrace.

Yes i seen it i couldn belive how badly the boys coped!! It suprised me i would have thought being a mother myself that they would have been the last to miss thier mum and family,but it just goes to show!! I thought the bullying was awful, but everything has a lot to do with how your brought up for example they wee boy who went home who didnt even know how to boil the kettle and make a pot noodle like thats his parents fault for doing all for him then they expect just to change when he goes in there i think that was unfair but again they took him out and he'll never learn. The worst part was the writing about death all over the walls i thought that was quite evil.

I dipped in and out of it but what on earth kind of experiment is that.....Lord of the Flies!

My parents were far from perfect but my mum made sure that if something happened to her that we could look after ourselves. We are 3 boys (ok I'm gay and have the advantage LOL) but we can all cook, bake, wash, iron, clean, work hard etc. These kids are all products of pushy parents i think. I knew the boys would be mummies boys and the girls would want to be independent as that is the way things are TBH. I was always the one who wanted to be in control and made the rules and I had 2 older brothers. makes you wonder if I am female inside??

were those 10 year old girls smoking in next wks episode??? if so WHY?? OMG

I found it quite uncomfortable viewing but... just a thought... why would a parent put their child into an experiment like that? A cry for help maybe, because they do not know what to do and could be hoping for a positive outcome? I would imagine the selection process is a bit like Big Brother too - they are not going to put angels in there because that would be boring!

were those 10 year old girls smoking in next wks episode??? if so WHY?? OMG

You mean there's more???
I thought this was a one off.
I didn't watch it as I just don't see the point of a programme like this.

Kids need boundaries and discipline, so what is to be gained by putting them somewhere without that to see how they behave.
They are KIDS of course they will misbehave when given the chance and behave out of character because of the peer pressure in a situation like that.

Do the sensible thing and don't watch it again...if they get good ratings they may make more :eek::irked:

I watched a bit of it and was shocked with the bullying.as a mother myself when my son was young i set discipline,rules and boundaries and he never argued or complained about them..i learned from my parents who were strict..(although i wasn't no angel lol) the program was uncomfortable veiwing for me ..i even got upset when the wee lad didn't even know how to boil a kettle for his pot noodle and the other eating beans with dried spagetti...i think this may harm the children involved psychologically than they already are ..so i won't be watching again.

Last edited:
I was laughing my head off at how soft the lads were without their mummies! Made me realise I won't be molly cuddling my lad anymore.

My 8 and 6 year old kids can cook, clean, put the washing machine on etc. Yes they will argue or bully to find their place but I know they can survive. It shocks me the parents that do everything for there kids so that when they leave home they cant cope!

Part of growing up is learning what mummy does so I teach my girls everything, this programn has just made me realise I need to do more to teach them to survive and teach my son the same as my girls too, withou holding him in my apron strings!

Kate

I couldn't bear to watch this programme particularly after watching a clip where a little boy was crying and wanting his mummy!!! God, how awful!! Apparently one of the mums was told her child wasn't coping but told him to knuckle down and get back in there.
The parents weren't paid for the show neither are the children but they were given expenses apparently, but still there would be nothing to motivate me to put my son in this situation!!
My son has just turned 6 and whilst he likes to help me with dusting and tidying his room there is no way i'd expect him to be able to fend for himself...xXx

:hug:Ah bless skynight how good was your wee mummy learning you fellows all that i bet your girlfriends/boyfriends are well pleased i would be!! Did you see them with the paint in the water pistols i was thinkin OMG They are going to ruin the house!!

After scanning through some of these posts out of curiosity I'm so glad I didn't bother watching it.
What a load of sensationalist clap-trap it sounds.
Is this all the tv companies can come up with these days - yet another voyeuristic programme - to try and increase viewing figures? is this really the sort of thing they think we want to waste our time watching?
When I saw the trailers last week I made a mental note not to bother with it. And incidentally I couldn't care less what happens to the little darlings.

Thank goodness for Salongeek, it gives me something to do in the evenings, as there's nothing on the box is there?!

well im afraid im gonna have to be the one to disagree with you all...(tut would be me wouldnt it lol :rolleyes:)

I dont see the advantage of putting a child in that situation under about 10 years old but can see some of the advantages of it otherwise.....personally I WOULD consider putting my 12 year old son in there tbh...I think it would be a good learning curve in a way for him and me
...kids are mamby pambied far too much these days imo ! Nothing on the programme shocked me really....the girls were highly strung and fairly independant and the boys bless em couldnt cope too well without mummy...the behaviour was nothing I didnt see in the school playground when I was a kid...typical kids really! x

Latest posts

Back