Who would like to be a kept woman?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had this when i met my husband - he worked and earned amazing money, I bought what I wanted when I wanted, was spoilt like you couldn't believe and never had to worry about how much things cost.

Then my husband's health got bad, his father passed away and, as an end result we lost everything. Business, money, had to sell all of our possessions to pay things and ended up bankrupt.

Now, my husband can't work due to his health and we barely have money to feed our family each week but I wouldn't go back to how it was before. Yes, it is hard and I have days when I sit and cry because I don't know how to cope any more but at least this way, the only way we can go is upwards! x

Really touched by this and your view as a whole. If only there were more inspirational people like you in the world. Sorry you are having a rough time at mo, but as you say the only way you can go is up and I think your outlook is amazing.

The most valuable thing you have is each other xxxxxxx

Humiliating and undignified is how I think it would be.

I couldn't do it! I love working and get twitchy if I have a couple of days off at home.

Oooh that's a hard one!!! I could do it part time,Haha...I love my job and would need something to keep my brain ticking over...plus I love my job...but 2/3 days working and 4/5 days of luxury would suit me down to the ground :) x

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

I have ALWAYS wanted to be a house wife!
I've had partners who gave me everything I want and it is 100x better than going to a crappy job and earning crappy money

I dream of having a lovely house for my husband and children and being there everyday! However as I shall be a yummy mummy a nanny is needed lol

I absolutely love cooking for (and with, cos he's brilliant) my OH, looking after him and our little family. Making sure everyone's up and off to school/work on time and just generally healthy and happy.

But I would find it demeaning to have to wait for my husband to give me money or to feel like I had to (because I would, no matter how much he protested otherwise) ask before I bought something for myself.

I also love my work! :)

I would LOVE to be a kept woman! I would use his money to have the wedding of my dreams (which wouldn't be a huge flamboyant thing, only close friends and family but in beautiful surroundings and beautiful food etc)
I'd have three babies and love being there every minute while they are growing up and not having to worry about going back to work to keep them comfortable in their lives.
I'd also open my own dog, cat and small animal rescue home which would be my 'thing' in life, and would be something I would absolutely adore to do!
I'd be too busy for a job with all that going on haha!

i would hate it too, you'd be beholden to him for a start. no thanks, paddle your own canoe.

Having said that, I'm saying it if I was in the relationship I'm in now, with a man who loves me to the bones and vice versa. He would be happy to keep us, to know his children were being brought up by the woman who loves them most in the world and he is a man who family is number one in his life and would spend every spare minute with us.

There ain't no way you'd catch me pretending to love some pompous git just so I could be a kept woman, ironing his undercrackers and what not! Men too far up their own bums just because they've got money are not my cup of tea! Id rather do what I'm doing now, working hard at two jobs with my man who works even harder, saving up to buy our own little house.

you know what that makes you... a team. fair play to you.

Having said that, I'm saying it if I was in the relationship I'm in now, with a man who loves me to the bones and vice versa. He would be happy to keep us, to know his children were being brought up by the woman who loves them most in the world and he is a man who family is number one in his life and would spend every spare minute with us.

There ain't no way you'd catch me pretending to love some pompous git just so I could be a kept woman, ironing his undercrackers and what not! Men too far up their own bums just because they've got money are not my cup of tea! Id rather do what I'm doing now, working hard at two jobs with my man who works even harder, saving up to buy our own little house.

Aw this is lovely!! <3
It's nice to know not everyone is obsessed with money these days xxx

Maybe just on the weekend and then back to my own business during the week!

Humiliating and undignified is how I think it would be.
Why do you think that ? I work part time but we're very lucky that I don't need to and the choice is mine? My mum always stayed home and I guess was a kept woman because dad was a high earner but I remember my dad always said that he goes out to work and my mum stayed home and worked and both jobs were as important as the other and it may be old fashioned but it worked, and that's what I do now ! My bit of money is to have in my purse so I am a bit Independent, I'm never bored, looking after a house and making sure it runs smoothly for 5 people is no mean feat !
I'm curious why you thinks it's humiliating and undignified ?

Last edited:
Why do you think that ? I work part time but we're very lucky that I don't need to and the choice is mine? My mum always stayed home and I guess was a kept woman because dad was a high earner but I remember my dad always said that he goes out to work and my mum stayed home and worked and both jobs were as important as the other and it may be old fashioned but it worked, and that's what I do now ! My bit of money is to have in my purse so I am a bit Independent, I'm never bored, looking after a house and making sure it runs smoothly for 5 people is no mean feat !
I'm curious why you thinks it's humiliating and undignified ?

I guess that Lynne read the original post as I did, ie swanning around, nothing to do but eat grapes? That's different by a long mile from what you describe.

Sorry, not mine to answer really but maybe this will help x

I guess that Lynne read the original post as I did, ie swanning around, nothing to do but eat grapes? That's different by a long mile from what you describe.

Sorry, not mine to answer really but maybe this will help x

Eating grapes and bathing in asses milk lol ! Made me chuckle ! Yes It's two different things x

Has anyone ever had milk bath? I'd love one lol x

elemis used to have a milk bath. it was divine. cleopatra eat your heart out. lol

Haha. Oh my god I think I have a bottle somewhere....totally forgot! x

Just to clarify. At no point did the OP mention anything about bringing up children or looking after a house.

What she said was, and I quote:
"Married to rich man, and have nothing to do all day but be fed grapes and swan about your big mansion?"

This is almost a polar opposite to being a full time mother and homemaker, is it not?

I have no beef with such a choice, of course, but I lose any respect for a woman who, of her own volition, allows a man to subjugate her.

Women have, for many years, fought long and hard for equality. Why put the cause back almost a century?

And idleness offends my delicate sensibilities!

Just to clarify. At no point did the OP mention anything about bringing up children or looking after a house.

What she said was, and I quote:
"Married to rich man, and have nothing to do all day but be fed grapes and swan about your big mansion?"

This is almost a polar opposite to being a full time mother and homemaker, is it not?

I have no beef with such a choice, of course, but I lose any respect for a woman who, of her own volition, allows a man to subjugate her.

Women have, for many years, fought long and hard for equality. Why put the cause back almost a century?

And idleness offends my delicate sensibilities!

Gonna throw a spanner in the works here, what about being a kept woman WITH a cook and nanny?! Anyone? xxx

Latest posts

Back