Who would like to be a kept woman?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hausofhana

Reaction score
So, we are all independent twenty first century women, but do any of you have a secret fantasy to be a kept woman? Married to rich man, and have nothing to do all day but be fed grapes and swan about your big mansion?

Hana x

Lol! sounds ideal but......I think it would drive me bonkers having nothing to do all day. I could definitely not be with someone just for the money. Wouldn't mind a win on the lottery though just enough to pay off all debts and be comfortable. That would be my ideal :lol:

Yes please!!! If you ever find one and he has a brother send him to me!!! I don't mind doing him one massage once in a while :D xx

I love being a housewife :) I think it's very underrated...I love cooking for my partner ready for when he gets home and then talking to him about his day <3

I like to work because money is money but if we could afford it I would probably work less because I take pride in my role in the house. I don't consider myself as being a "kept woman" though in the sense that my partner and I would like to live like this through choice and not because I have no other option but to be dependant on him.

I suppose I am in a way! My partner has a well paid job and I don't work. I have always wanted to do beauty so went back to college, it's more of a hobby at the moment but am aiming to make a business out of it eventually. I can treat myself on my credit card and he just pays it of happily. It's give and take but works for us! I have a 2 year old so don't have time to get bored (especially now I need to feed my Geek addiction)!! I am very lucky but I do like to be independant too which is why i want to make a real go at beauty. Xx

The idea of it's nice but the reality of it is boring!
I've been a stay at home mum for a good few years now. Older two are in school full time and youngest is about to start preschool! I can't wait to get out to work.
At the moment we live of my OH's wage, inheritance/investments and we are lucky that that's enough, but I'd like some of my own hard earned money in my pocket :d

I'd love this sort of lifestyle!! To be a lady of leisure, driving around in my posh car, unlimited spend credit card in my posh bag, the only worry in the world being which expensive shoes im going to buy next..

Unfortunately - I'm married to a trog who doesn't clean his mess up (ever) & I have to get up at 6am everyday to go to work, come home to be a slave & do a zillion spray tans a week (ok maybe not that many lol) just to put enough gas / electric on my meters lol

nothing wrong with dreaming though hey ;)

Last edited:
Sounds good :) but I think it would drive me mad eventually not going out earning my own money to spend it how I want :p x

Where do I sign up?

hmmm, at one time i would have loved it but now i value my independence too much. although i live with my O H i pay all the bills etc. he does chip in with extras but i hate asking him for money, i suppose i like the idea that i can cope perfectly well on my own.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Id love to be financially secure, but it i was that mega rich id have my own salon, id probably only work art time though. Id also have a property development business. Id have to keep busy!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Although it would be nice to have it all I'm far too independent and HATE being stuck indoors. So for me, no thanks haha. I'd get so bored. I'd have to have something else to keep me occupied lol x

Although it would be nice to have it all I'm far too independent and HATE being stuck indoors. So for me, no thanks haha. I'd get so bored. I'd have to have something else to keep me occupied lol x
exactly! I think it would be nice at first but then it would be the same thing everyday! No thanks! X

Yes yes yes! Lol! I've missed too much of my little boys lives as I.have had to go to work! X

I would quite honestly hate it.
That's just me; I'm not putting down anyone else's choice.

From the age of12 I had Saturday jobs, and value independence above anything else.

(Wouldn't mind someone buying shoes for me though. I need it since Elsie the Wonderdog took a liking to chewing my existing ones. And don't mention the pond incident.)

I was just arguing with my hubby about this yesterday! I do beauty from home but its only part time, I feel I need more, I need to go out of the house to work, not just down the garden to the converted garage.

I have an opportunity to do another part time job and I want to go for it but my hubby thinks its a bad idea, I told him I feel like a kept woman and I dont like it, I want to go out and earn money for myself.

I had this when i met my husband - he worked and earned amazing money, I bought what I wanted when I wanted, was spoilt like you couldn't believe and never had to worry about how much things cost.

Then my husband's health got bad, his father passed away and, as an end result we lost everything. Business, money, had to sell all of our possessions to pay things and ended up bankrupt.

Now, my husband can't work due to his health and we barely have money to feed our family each week but I wouldn't go back to how it was before. Yes, it is hard and I have days when I sit and cry because I don't know how to cope any more but at least this way, the only way we can go is upwards! x

I like the way people think of 'lady of leisure' and assosciate it with being stuck indoors. I am rarely bored, but I suppose it depends on how people decide to use their time. I think if I didn't have a toddler it would be harder to keep busy but I couldn't sit in all day everyday. I think working and staying home is often a bit of a 'grass is greener' situation. xx

I had this when i met my husband - he worked and earned amazing money, I bought what I wanted when I wanted, was spoilt like you couldn't believe and never had to worry about how much things cost.

Then my husband's health got bad, his father passed away and, as an end result we lost everything. Business, money, had to sell all of our possessions to pay things and ended up bankrupt.

Now, my husband can't work due to his health and we barely have money to feed our family each week but I wouldn't go back to how it was before. Yes, it is hard and I have days when I sit and cry because I don't know how to cope any more but at least this way, the only way we can go is upwards! x

Sorry you're having a rough time, I really respect your outlook. At least you know you and your husband are able to make it through thick and thin. I hope things look up for you soon xx

Latest posts

Back