Who you do practice on??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hands_Only

Nail Professional
Reaction score
Hey all

I'm just wondering, who do you all practise on?

I guess most of you practise on family and friends, but do you charge when your wanting to try something new or just perfect your technique?

I don't live near any of my family (army wife) and don't have many friends on this posting so I was wondering how to get the practise in. I obviously do my own nails but I've had 4 different sets since the end of March. I just don't want to be changing them every week to get the practise in.

Thanks
Angela

Myself ;)

Andra M.

myself too
but i have a good few clients who sit down and when asked what are we doing today they say ... off you go, i don't mind.
i only charge them for a basic application though as in all fairness they are 'up for anything' and it's great to have a 'victim' to practise on ..colour combos etc.

I used to have a few friends/clients who would let me do whatever on their nails but they are all gone now and I'm just starting out again. :(

i've just had a nosy at your pics...i don't think it'll take you long to get going again. you're very good. good luck

I have practised on friends and family ofcourse, but i most often charge a small amount for materials:)

I also advertised on a craiglist-like website offering treatments veeeery cheap, clearly stating that I was training and needed hands:) I had a lot of responds to that.

I thought I'd wrestle MY laptop off the missus as she has been on here all day, and has even discovered the SG phone App and was using both at the same time earlier!!!

Obviously she practices on me. Especially with facials (I know this is on the nail bit)

This is a picture of me before the facial:

Attachments

• GurningGreipel[3].jpg
    GurningGreipel[3].jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 140
This is me an hour later:

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 117
Looking great peter ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

One of those 2 pictures is actually me. :wink2:

One of those 2 pictures is actually me. :wink2:

They say dog owners look like their dogs ;) hehe

I have a nail trainer (which I won) but if you keep a check on eBay you can pick one up cheaper :) x

My friends/family aren't into nails, or aren't allowed them due to work etc.

Like rinn niemhe, I have clients who say: "what ideas have you got today then?"

The majority of the time they either just go for what I thought of, or add their own tweaks. It's great because I get to practise/try out new things and they think they're getting a really special service!

xx

I have 1 good friend that I practice on every week for free, but she passes the word around at work, her friends e.t.c and I charge them £10, I also advertise on gumtree and had a few cards made up, just basically saying that I recently qualified and am looking for models

This is me an hour later:

Peter, can you give me your wife's business contact details, I need one of those facials, the results are quite good. I am prepared to pay around £400 :D

Peter If you could forward them to me too, although I would like to send my husband! LOL :D

Latest posts

Back