who ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
I was just looking who was online and we have members, guests and a
GOOGLE SPIDER whos that? :?:

Google spider is someone, that is viewing the board and got here via the google search engine................
Not a creepy crawly geek!!!!!!!!!!

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Google spider is someone, that is viewing the board and got here via the google search engine................
Not a creepy crawly geek!!!!!!!!!!

Oh thanks Ruth :biggrin:
I just didnt know what it was Lol

Actually, a spider is a search engine indexer.
A spider 'crawls the web' downloading and combing through web content to index it for search engines.
Googlebot is the spider for Google
Inktomi is the spider for Microsoft

There are tons of others... in a nut shell... it means the site is currently getting indexed (which is a very good thing) ;)

The Nail Geek said:
Actually, a spider is a search engine indexer.
A spider 'crawls the web' downloading and combing through web content to index it for search engines.
Googlebot is the spider for Google
Inktomi is the spider for Microsoft

There are tons of others... in a nut shell... it means the site is currently getting indexed (which is a very good thing) ;)
Phew!
glad its not just me thats been driven nuts by this one.
I actually posted this question myself and then deleted it because I felt daft asking :rolleyes:
Thanx for letting us know Sam ... 'Google Spiders' yuk!, creepy name!

Glorsclaws said:
Phew!
glad its not just me thats been driven nuts by this one.
I actually posted this question myself and then deleted it because I felt daft asking :rolleyes:
Thanx for letting us know Sam ... 'Google Spiders' yuk!, creepy name!

I actually PM'd Sam and asked him about this a while ago, another reason for the private message facility you don't feel so daft if your just asking one person :o :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back