wholesaler not fair to techs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ella

Reaction score
I have my hair done by one of my clients. We both know use the same wholesaler (Aston & Fincher) and so if she wants my retail products she buys from them to save herself money.

I did not have an issue with this until I recently went to buy shampoo & conditioner from the wholesaler to be told "we can only supply that to hairdressers". Now this is not a dangerous product as it is designed to be retailed so there is no safety issue here.

I do understand that this may affect the business of the hair salons, but why then do they sell ANY of the nail products to hairdressers unqualified to use them???

ella said:
I have my hair done by one of my clients. We both know use the same wholesaler (Aston & Fincher) and so if she wants my retail products she buys from them to save herself money.

I did not have an issue with this until I recently went to buy shampoo & conditioner from the wholesaler to be told "we can only supply that to hairdressers". Now this is not a dangerous product as it is designed to be retailed so there is no safety issue here.

I do understand that this may affect the business of the hair salons, but why then do they sell ANY of the nail products to hairdressers unqualified to use them???

Strange...did you actually ask them why this is their policy. Its certainly unfair and biased if a hairdresser can buy any nail product with or without qualification but you can't buy shampoo! I'd certainly raise this issue with them because I can't understand their thinking?

Huh! your right to be miffed but this seems to be the trend...i know quite a few hairdressers that now work mobile/from home and they are always saying oh i got some of that.....etc., thats why i now ONLY use creative as i know they cant get hold of it.. makes me seem even more professional.. but a sister of a freind of my daughters asked for some old polishes ,gems which i willingly gave her and a practice finger (nail tech of the future maybe) but then she text me to ask for more stuff...... so i politely said that of course i would get her more gems/polish from wolesalers.. how much did she want to spend!!! sorry gone off post a little but its hard work keep having to re-iterate to people that 'im a professional'!! Anyhow she then told my daughter its ok her auntie is a hairdresser and can get all the stuff she needs!! from the wholesalers.... When i last went and asked for a bit of advice/product for my daughters afro hair they kinda clammed up!!!!

I would take it up with the manager of that particular branch, that, in my opinion is really not fair at all. I use my local Aston & Fincher occasionally but have never had a problem buying hair products there.
Jane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back