wholesalers.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoealana

Reaction score
hi ust wondering if anyone knows of any good wholesalers where i can get nail supplies from in the northwest. i have run out of white block buffers and brush cleaner and would rather go to buy it than mail order. thanks

dont know where in the northwest u live but think there a few suppliers around, i live near blackpool and we have sally and salon services plus a few others like alan howard, think there is salons direct or something in merseyside ?

Cant help you with suppliers hun but i did notice in your thread that you put brush cleaner,
save yourself some money and stop using it, you need to clean your brush in the monomer that you are using and your brush will be lovely and clean and will live a lot longer too hth

thats what i do with my L&P but i need some for cleaning my gel brush. iss there another way to clean it

I clean my gel brushes with the cleanser plus (I use mostly IBD gels) - should be all you need - the gel wont cure on the brush unless its near the UV lamp.
Good luck, let us know how you get on.

I use a lint free/gauze pad to remove excess gel from my gel brush, then put it away... I've ruined a couple of gel brushes by using cleanser/scrubfresh to clean them.

I use a lint free/gauze pad to remove excess gel from my gel brush, then put it away... I've ruined a couple of gel brushes by using cleanser/scrubfresh to clean them.

same here....i always just wipe with a clean dry pad and leave it alone.

great thanks for saving me loads. my tutor recomended it thats all
thanks

I think all gels brushes and techs must be different. I've always cleaned my Bio brushes in Bio Sanitiser, then dipped them in a little Bio polish remover before storing flat. The oil in the polish remover keeps the bristles soft, then I clean in sanitiser again before using. This is the way that Bio trained me and I have never yet lost a brush. Even the very first one I had is still going as strong as the day I bought it!

right i am using a mix of millennium at college and michelle porter at home at the min if this helps. i dont want to trash my brushes thats all

Best thing hun, is find out what the supplier recommends and stick with that. Can't go far wrong then.

i am hoping to change brand anyhow but will ask until then. btw anyone got an idea about wholesalers in my area. thanks

Even the very first one I had is still going as strong as the day I bought it!

Still using my original brush too Lyndsay.

On the subject of wholesalers, I've been looking around myself, just having relocated to North Wales.

I have no idea how good they are but this is one I've come across that seem to have a few branches around the Cheshire area.

Addresses

Or there seems to be a few Sally's around, although i can'[t find a website with addresses on for them

where about in northwest? im in cheshire there's a sallys in crewe and nantwich, and alan howard, and ewd in hanley?

i am in northwich but i dont like sallys they seem overpriced

Sally's pricing is all over the place if you ask me....they are really expensive on somethings, but very reasonable on others. Especially the special offer items.

Just checking....you're not going by the label price in Sally's are you? Once you are registered as a trade customer, they are much cheaper than the actual marked price. You can tell the trade price by looking at the price code, but its not obvious.

Sorry, if i'm teaching you to suck eggs (god I hate that phrase!) but it just struck me that sometimes people think the advertised prices are what professionals pay.

where about in northwich r u? do u work n a salon or mobile? i work in the hair shop on london road!

oh i know where that is. i am still at college in hartford doing extensions but want to work asap. bored of not working

Latest posts

Back