Who's not Creative Trained?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I am definately not saying that I can not get help and advice if not Creative trained ... its as Sherrie says all the praise creative gets just makes you think maybe the product's better but then again as already said I think that I need to write down my probs and niggles and then go for one to one ... but most of my probs make me think they will be resolved with more practice and experience so at the end of the day it is down to the choice of product ... best product for best job! thats the dilemma lol :)
and I hate keep getting damn sugaring :( and wondering if its me or product
Cheers to all xx

Jo xx

*Joanne* said:
Oh I am definately not saying that I can not get help and advice if not Creative trained ... its as Sherrie says all the praise creative gets just makes you think maybe the product's better but then again as already said I think that I need to write down my probs and niggles and then go for one to one ... but most of my probs make me think they will be resolved with more practice and experience so at the end of the day it is down to the choice of product ... best product for best job! thats the dilemma lol :)
and I hate keep getting damn sugaring :( and wondering if its me or product
Cheers to all xx

Jo xx
Why not just pruchase a small 'try me' kit and see for yourself where the difference lies!!

Hi Jo,

are you by any chance using Simplicite? I tried it a while back and I really liked it but had the sugaring/frosting problem sometimes - when I asked, I was told that it was a temperature thing and that most techs would use "Choice" in the colder months and "Simplicite" in the warmer months - I decided that I did not want a product where I had to check the temperature of my room / my clients hands etc before deciding which to use LOL.

Try calling NSI and ask them what they would suggest - how can it be a temperature issue in the summer?

Check out the thread entitled "which NSI acrylic is best" http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=7416 there is some information there.

Sorry Jo I have just found that you are using Simplicite - if the information on this thread is correct that Simplicite is not suited to our climate then why do they sell it here ?

In the scheme of things how much product do you actually have?

Why not just pruchase a small 'try me' kit and see for yourself where the difference lies!!
I didnt think that i could buy the creative l&p is that right? or can you at excel?

Yes Fiona i am using Simplicite and at the moment only have whats left of the kit purchased with course plus a new bottle of monomer and bits and pieces that i have topped up with. I have bought a large amount of nail art stuff but that ok.
But I have put an order together for the first few months supply for my new business which i am going with to the grant peeps next week ... so this is why i have been reading the threads re creative and trying to decide what to do. And the cost of the course that i have just completed against trying and buying new product and conversion course. But yes the sugaring does seem a problem at the moment (not on everyone) but this could be my fault with the ratio. I was going to try different NSI L&P but worried because they are supposed to be more fast setting than simplicite ... and also it is easy to blame product if i am doing something wrong ... I could pay for a couple of hours one to one but my only other probs are lifting on some nails (and this is usually in 2 nd week) which i am sure is due to me getting too close to skin on some occasions (practice practice again) and i only had my first backfill yesterday (all nails on after 3 weeks!) which was damn hard lol but again i am sure that it is practice and experience ... advice is so welcome guys thanks :)
So perhaps i will take Geeg's advice and purchase a "try me" kit and see how i go.
Thanks again

Jo xx

Sherrie I agree with you.

I did my VTCT at college which lasted a year ( one night a week )and covered Heath and Saftey, Manicure, nail extentions and nail art. Although the course took a long time to complete I'm glad I did this rather than doing just a four day course. Not only did it cost around as much as the four day course I couldn't have been learnt all that in four days.

After finishing my course I then had to choose which products to use. I know alot of you use creative so please don't get upset with me), but I knew that I couldn't just buy their products unless I did a converson course, which I thought was a little unfair as I felt I was trained to a good standard and didn't want to spend more money learning the same thing. I dicided to use NSI and have to say I have found it brill and know that at the last few competitions in the tips and L&P section the winner has been Hayley Wood who uses NSI products. I think she won 1st place in the Professional Beauty North Show and 1st prise at Olympia in March and 1st is the Scottish Beauty show.

collins said:
Sherrie I agree with you.

I did my VTCT at college which lasted a year ( one night a week )and covered Heath and Saftey, Manicure, nail extentions and nail art. Although the course took a long time to complete I'm glad I did this rather than doing just a four day course. Not only did it cost around as much as the four day course I couldn't have been learnt all that in four days.

After finishing my course I then had to choose which products to use. I know alot of you use creative so please don't get upset with me), but I knew that I couldn't just buy their products unless I did a converson course, which I thought was a little unfair as I felt I was trained to a good standard and didn't want to spend more money learning the same thing. I dicided to use NSI and have to say I have found it brill and know that at the last few competitions in the tips and L&P section the winner has been Hayley Wood who uses NSI products. I think she won 1st place in the Professional Beauty North Show and 1st prise at Olympia in March and 1st is the Scottish Beauty show.
I think you'll find that if you want to convert to Creative, the training is included in the price of the kit. Correct me if I'm wrong someone!

(I'm not Creative biased, I haven't been trained by them, don't use their products (yet!;) ) just like to know the facts. I've been using NSI for a few weeks, still keeping my mind open to Creative 'cos of the great press it gets here!)

Thats why im umming and aaahing....... part of me thinks that creative is a magical product......the other bit of me is nagging telling me its not the product Its me!! lol. I will have a look at excel tomorrow and maybe that will help me decide.....

Fabric# does sound great though....... but then i'd have to blend tips again wouldnt i? oh decisions, decisions!:rolleyes:

i did a nvq at a local adult ed college, learnt all 3 systems over a year, and got good qualification, but i want to do the conversion course for cnd.

i have seen from threads, it is a brilliant product, and a brilliant company to learn with.

very rarly do u see a bad comment on creative, so i would say it is quite safe to say they are kinda the best. (please non-creative people, do not shoot me down!-lol)

also most recognised in the industry, and with the general public! fine not all clients are aware of product, but if a client knows about any it will be creative, i had heard of it before i did my course, i had never heard of ons or ibd (which i use) or star nails or the edge.

just a thought!

Teena_B said:
I think you'll find that if you want to convert to Creative, the training is included in the price of the kit. Correct me if I'm wrong someone!

(I'm not Creative biased, I haven't been trained by them, don't use their products (yet!;) ) just like to know the facts. I've been using NSI for a few weeks, still keeping my mind open to Creative 'cos of the great press it gets here!)
your right, ive just had the info sent to me, the training is free, you just buy the kit.

Just to clarify a few of your various questions.

Firstly ... ANY person holding a certificate of qualification can purchase a Creative Try Me Kit without being Creative Trained. If you love it and want it then it is necessary to do a Conversion Class to purchase more. This is standard over the whole of Europe.

Secondly ... the class is free as stated above but in no way will you be learning the same thing again. A conversion class does not teach you how to do nails, but how to use the products and how those product work. It is information that will ensure your success with the product so that you don't make mistakes or misuse it on your paying clients. It is to HELP YOU in your business to make a smooth transition to using it.

Sorry about the bold letters, but there is so much misunderstanding about Creative and how to qualify to purchase it. CND do not try to make it difficult for you to purchase their products, they want you to be mega sucessful using it when you buy it. CND products are different technology to others and work a little differently because of that.

Things many take for granted with their system do not happen when you use CND products. If you use CND products correctly you will never need to use primer, never see yellowing or discolouration, never have to worry about temperature because the products never crystalize, less breakages, more beautiful and more clarity, easy workability ... I could go on.

I am not trying to make a sales pitch, just to explain as I hear ALL the time ... you can't buy CND unless .....bladdy bla!

Try me kits are available to all.

ANY person holding a certificate of qualification can purchase a Creative Try Me Kit without being Creative Trained. If you love it and want it then it is necessary to do a Conversion Class to purchase more. This is standard over the whole of Europe.

Please can you tell me if this also applies to Brisa?

*Joanne* said:
Hi Sherrie, I am with you here, I have just trained with NSI and am in the middle of setting up my business and getting a grant for a large quantity of stock. After reading all threads on Creative I am wondering the same as you ... carry on or convert ? I am going to Gmex but not till OCtober and need to make my decision (can not afford to buy whole new stock in the short term) ... I am not unhappy with my NSI ... infact have loved every second of every minute that i do .. its just the main help, Q & A's on this site come from Creative trained and are all so passionate about Creative ... so as you say, what to do? dunno!
Maybe there are some NSI experts on here too to be able to give us some support :)
Jo xx

Hi Joanne

I have read your dilemma with going between nsi and cnd, to be quite honest there is no comparason. (IMO no offense to any NSI users)
I have been in the industry for 18 yrs and i have tried most brands i started with creative in the early 90's and although i do still flit about ( :o product junkie) I have to say the L+P products are excellent. I wouldn't worry about the cost too much as the products you would need to order are included in your course kit. You do in effect pay for your products and your training comes free, but this is only if you hold a relevant cert. Industry cert must have been held for a year i understand but check with an academy adviser.

I went on a conversion with cnd recently , not because i needed to , because i wanted to learn more about any new products and i learned loads in the class, i had Diane at Leeds and she was brilliant!

I know everything costs a bomb at the moment when you are first setting up, but the time you save with infills, the clients loyalty as they will love the products and the continued support and education you get is really top class.
Thats not forgetting the highprofile it has in the public eye, there is always a mention in one magazine a month about say solar oil or a polish which makes retailing a doodle! Thats the area where you make money with hardly any effort!

There is always someone to help even with silly questions!

BTW i have no connection to cnd or designer nails other than being a customer of their brill products.

I did my initial training with Essential Nails and this gave me a fantastic grounding knowledge of nails.

Without this first step I wouldn't have got the taste for nails as I have now. I went on to train with Calgel, and now use IBD gel and ONS L and P. I

t isn't just the good training that you need, you need the PASSION. No one can teach you that. I have opened my own salon now and have been open for three months. I am now looking for another technician, however, trying to find one in Jersey who has the PASSION (as I have) is proving a touch on the difficult side.

Just proves that that side of it comes from within. I have interviewed people who have other training to mine and am dismayed at their lack of knowledge, and the way they have burnt and cut me with their lack of file management.

I might of done my initial training on a plastic hand, however, my training has never stopped there, and it never will. I have progressed on and taken my inital learning with me i.e holding a finger and a file correctly in the various positions to prevent any cuticle and nail damage. Once I was competent in this area I then moved on to real fingers, that way my mistakes were made on the plastic hand not the human.

Choose your course wisely, but the rest is down to you. No matter which course you do, you have to put in the hours to become great.

All the Best

Sawasdee ka

on saturday i had a 5 hour 1-1 with a opi trained nail tech i dont care if they are opi ezflow tammy taylor creative or any other company trained if they can do great nails and can teach me a new technique and make what i do better i want to sit with them .

All my training now will be 1-1 with the best nail techs i can find i will not get certificates but is a certificate from a company going to make me a better nail tech no it will not .

Sitting in a room with one teacher with 8 or 10 other girls i do not want i want to sit with the best tech i can find and i want her to show me and speak to me show me how she creates the great nails .

In my 1-1 on saturday i learned many new things i think 1-1 after the foundation course is a very good way to learn .

If the nail tech can make the nails that you want to create and she is great at her job is there any better way to learn .

And if i was in England i would do this after seeing paulas color nails photo i would have soaked my nails off straight away and booked a set for me i would sit and look how she makes them and after PRACTICE .

If you have a set of nails done by a great tech you get 2 hours 1-1 watching EDUCATION and the set of beautifull nails all for the price of a set of nails CHEAP .

Mui from The land of rain :rolleyes: .

Mui - I am sure it won't be long before other nail technicians are queuing up to have one-to-ones with you!

Hi

I did my training at Thomas Danby College in Leeds - using OPI. I am more than happy with the OPI products I use (Clarite L&P).

Latest posts

Back