Who's signed up for "Race For Life"?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
I have wanted to take part in the Race For Life for a couple of years now but have always chickened out because I was so unfit (and a little fat!!). Well I've lost loads of weight but I still have to tackle the fitness.

I have signed up for the race in Plymouth on June 21st, so I have only 4 months in which to get fit enough to run 5k! :eek: OK I know you can walk it but it would be a real acheivement for me to be able to run at least some of it.

Has anyone else done this in the past or doing it this year for the first time who is equally unfit?

I did this about 3 years ago and I am very unfit and a bit more than a little fat. I did a walk a bit, jog a bit.

Good luck with it.

Did you do any special training for it Fiona, like jogging or going to the gym? And how long did it take you to complete the 5k?

I did do a few weekend and daily walk/ jogs leading up to it. I managed to complete it in just under 1 hour.

Our weather was not too hot and slightly drizzly so it was quite pleasant although the terrain was a bit rough - Towcester racecourse - lots of horse divets LOL.

I've not signed up yet, but i will be doing so this year in memory of my aunty who died just before xmas. I have never done it before, and I am very unfit, so I don't think i'll run but i may manage a steady jog/walk.

I will be entering again with my daughter this year, we do the Norwich one at the showground. Very emotional day even if you dont know any heros.

deb x

Latest posts

Back