Who's working Christmas Eve?? I'm not!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pazzy

Reaction score
Just wondering who is working Xmas Eve - Im not - simply because I feel I get too many cancellations. If you are - are you busy that day or would you rather be off??

So Im going to enjoy it with my family and then go to the panto and then get really excited cos santas coming.

me! only half a day tho, but i am employed for 16 hours a week, and due to the salon being closed on thurs (which is one of my normal working days) i have to do it to make up my hours, but i dont mind as its only a half day and last time i looked in the book i only had a space first thing so at least i'll be busy!

I won't be working christmas eve i'm finnishing on Saturday untill the followin Thursday

Rubyx

not me

i close on friday and reopen Jan 3

Not working xmas eve,only cause our salon not open on Mondays so that's a bonus for me.

Usally we are very busy Xmas eve though,everyone wanting their nails etc done for the big day:green:I even tried to get my pooch in for a clip(not beauty salon,lol) before Xmas and they are fully booked...:eek:Now she NEEDS to be done it wasn't because it was Xmas for heavens sake.

Yeah I used to open up but everyone would cancel or not show up - last minute shopping frenzy. It's not worth the grief IMO, take time off and enjoy!

i have to work on christmas eve and new year eve, should get extra pay but not, talk about screwge.

I'm open and full......but then I'm a salon owner and appreciate the business when I can get it ! However, I was closed today (Wed) and have thankfully just finished my Christmas shopping.
(If I get the odd cancellation, it will give me time to do my own nails as they're wrecked with all the parcel wrapping !) :rolleyes:

I was willing to be open but as of yet no one has asked for an appointment on that day so i will be closed, probably been one of the headless chickens doing last min xmas shopping lol

and it is looking like i may be taking this saturday off as 2 had booked in but then they both cancelled so i have an empty book saturday

23/12/07
Well that all changed, i ended up been fully booked on sat (hooray) and i ended up doing 1 set of nails today (cool) but i am still not working xmas eve, no bookings, but I'm not complaining i am going to do my last bits of xmas shopping and food shopping on xmas eve (that will be fun not lol)

We are closed on xmas eve, I find last minuet cancellations and no shows happen, so we are working a full week this week till late every night and all day sunday!!! :eek:

I have worked xmas eve for years and last year, i decided to close due to being a sunday, It was fab, as i have a family to cook for xmas day, i could prepare turkey etc. and not have to stress or panic or fall to-sleep in my xmas dinner.

I was willing to be open but as of yet no one has asked for an appointment on that day so i will be closed, probably been one of the headless chickens doing last min xmas shopping lol
I'm normally closed on a Monday but provisionally put a page in the book for Christmas Eve.....no one has asked for an appointment then so I too will be closed!

These next few days are really buy (Yay) and am working 10 hour shifts today and tomorrow....finish on Saturday, hopefully about 5 and then that's me until next Thursday evening.......working like a slave Fri and Sat and then off again until Jan 3rd when the kids go back to school!

I have done loads of new full sets and they have all rebooked......Feb will see the beginning of my 3rd year with the salon and I am hopeful that it will be a good one!

I'm not working - would have had to get childcare, so decided to spend it with my son (not that I'll see much of him as he'll be off playing with his friends).

Yep, i'm working till 9.30pm on Christmas Eve (I have my own salon and have to fit people in wherever i can!). It'll probably be Christmas Day by the time i have got everything sorted out as well!!!!!

There are 5 of us working on Monday and we are all fairly busy and hopefully we will get some last minute gift voucher sales as well!

I am only working until lunch time on Xmas Eve as it is my daughters 18th Birthday that day and she will be pestering to open her pressies. I am working Sunday on and off during the day and late evening (got a full hot stone massage on Sunday night!).

I have even said one of my most loyal clients can come on Xmas Eve for her pedicure and manicure and as she is going on holiday on the 27th she can come on Boxing day for her nails on her hands painted so she can cook Xmas dinner and not worry - she will have beautifully painted nails to fly off to the sun :) I suggested it, at first she wouldn't hear of it, but it will only take me half an hour and she is a wonderful client who I am happy to go the extra mile for.

I'm not working Christmas Eve either..... in fact, I've given myself the rest of the year off and don't go back to work until the 7th January 2008!!!

:) :lol: :) :lol: :) :lol: :) :lol: :)

i wont be working christmas eve. i dont work mondays anyway but even if it were on another day i would not work.

i have however put in extra sessions all through this week so that no one misses ot. my places are all taken by regulars though, i have no room for extra clients, i will direct them to other techs i know.

work christmas eve???:eek:...not me,i may love my job,but i draw the line somewhere.My last day is saturday,i am booked all day,and then that is it till 29 dec....just out of curiosity,does any one work new years eve?

Just wondering who is working Xmas Eve - Im not - simply because I feel I get too many cancellations. If you are - are you busy that day or would you rather be off??

So Im going to enjoy it with my family and then go to the panto and then get really excited cos santas coming.

Hi Pazzy!
I'm working Christmas Eve. Mainly just to accommodate some regulars who work full time and have specifically asked for Christmas Eve. It will be a lonely day if I get cancellations though cos I rent a room next to a hair salon and they aren't opening! Oh well, I can always put the Christmas Crooner CD on and watch the tree lights!

Enjoy the panto! and have a lovely Christmas!

Lots of love
Mrs Bean! xxxxxxxxxxxxx:green::green::green::green::lol::lol::lol::lol:

On Christmas eve I have got a few of my 'golden oldies' who are all good friends (how can you not be with them? My dog was sick a while back and they all rang and asked wether I wanted to cancel thier appointments and how was Jade - the dog), So im going round one of these sweet old dears and she and I have invited round a few of my other clients and we are all going to drink wine eat mince pies while I do manicures and pedicures for them all :green:. So yes Im working but its more like a christmas party and IM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT :green:!!!

I think for my older clients the manicure and pedicure is a christmas gift to themselves rather than getting ready for christmas. They have all had more expensive treatments than usual.

Ami

I've got 3 spray tans booked in so not doing that much.
Saturday I'm busy and Sunday I'm working from 1.30 -9pm, all spray tans.

Latest posts

Back