Whose children still believe in Father Christmas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemissm

Reaction score
Out of my 5 children only my youngest who is 5 believes in Santa. I tell my 11 yr old twins that he is real but they know I'm lying. I have always told my kids that we as parents buy the presents & we send them to Father Christmas for him to deliver on Christmas Eve. Why should Santa get all the credit lol

My six year old daughter does. Only one of her presents is delivered by Santa, the rest are bought by us. My 11 year old daughter was out with her 12 year old friend today and when she came home she told me that her friend still believes! How sweet :lol:

my kids were all 12 or 13 before they found out ....we always told them...if you don't believe he won't come....that was enough ..it worked...but even when they found out, they had to play along so much so that the oldest who is nearly 22 was still putting her letter to Santa in with the others last year.........they all know now but to keep me happy they all still write a letter and it has to begin...dear Santa, thank you for all the presents I got last year ...I have all their letters kept ...bundles of them....love it...lol

My two (12 & 14) know they have to believe to get a stocking! Obviously they still believe! I overheard my eldest telling her friend a few years ago 'tell my mum you believe because I think she does!' - too right :)

My eldest never believed. He was absolutely terrified of him!
He told the kids at toddler group that Santa wasn't real and the mums treated him like the hieratic. We were black-balled. Cast out. What could I do? I had to say he was a fairy story to stop him freaking out for the whole month of December 😞

My 8 year old boy does. I'm not a Christmas fan at all, but my little man's excitement is hard not to effect you :) I won't lie it also helps that every red light he sees he thinks Santa is watching, which is marvellous when we're stuck in traffic early evening and he's playing up- there's plenty of red lights to keep him behaving ;) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My 3 believe.

My son is 9 and two girls are 7 and 4.

We went to Santa today and passed over our letters, I will be gutted when they stop believing. And will lag it out asking as possible.

I don't want the magic to end. Ever.

Jemima :)

My 8 year old daughter believes and I love it.I will drag it out for as long as I can,if I have anything to do with it she will still believe when she's 20 lol.

It's her little happy face and the little squeals she let's out because she's so excited :).I got that warm and fuzzy feeling reading all the posts on this thread xx

My boys are 3, and 9 and still believe, my 9yo is nearly 10 and i think it might be his last year tho :(x

Mine are 17 and 12 so obviously don't believe. My son thought he was real until he was 10, my daughter I had to tell just before she started secondary school. It is sooooo gutting when they don't believe anymore, it's just not as magical anymore to me.

I used to go all out and put fake snow on the path Xmas eve with my husbands big footprints to look like Santa had dropped snow from his sleigh. I also used to spill water from a bowl on the floor and have bits of mangled carrot lying by the back door to look as if the reindeers had made a mess! (This really convinced the kids as I'm OCD about mess and they never would've thought I would let it get intentionally messy hahaha)

All I can say is if your children still believe cherish it as those days go oh so fast.

my kids were all 12 or 13 before they found out ....we always told them...if you don't believe he won't come....that was enough ..it worked...but even when they found out, they had to play along so much so that the oldest who is nearly 22 was still putting her letter to Santa in with the others last year.........they all know now but to keep me happy they all still write a letter and it has to begin...dear Santa, thank you for all the presents I got last year ...I have all their letters kept ...bundles of them....love it...lol

That's lovely Rinn. My children were around the same age when they found out. They are 23 and 24 now and know that dad and I are Santa :lol:

My 11 year old still believes. Must be doing a good job ;-) I thought he might not believe this year but he totally does! I think my 18 year olds have helped me keep it up for so long x

WHAT OMG HE ISNT REAL :cry::cry::lol::D:D:lol:

My eldest 7yr told me yesterday santa wasn't real I was gutted and told her if you don't believe he won't come.
She was laughing and said her friend told her it's us

Why can't other kids just ssshh
7 is a bit young I think

My boys are 3, and 9 and still believe, my 9yo is nearly 10 and i think it might be his last year tho :(x

I'm in the same position just want the nine year old to help keep the magic for little one in future x

My eldest 7yr told me yesterday santa wasn't real I was gutted and told her if you don't believe he won't come.
She was laughing and said her friend told her it's us

Why can't other kids just ssshh
7 is a bit young I think

I was about 7... We were staying at my Grandma's bungalow, my Mum made the booboo of leaving my bedroom door open when bringing in my present from Santa (thinking I was asleep) I got 1 present from Santa the rest was my Mum & family :( so thats when I knew. I still loved xmas, with all those presents!

Xx

Put my tree up last night and when my 3 year old came down this morning he was realy quiet, I asked what was wrong and he got all upset as their arent any presents under the tree, poor thing thought it was christmas and santa had forgot him. Cant wait till christmas day x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

My sister who is 15..16 in March!! still belives in Father Christmas!!! When she was about 5/6 her and my dad went to Lapland and saw the 'real' Santa and thinks all her friends don't believe in him because they haven't been to Lapland and seen the real one with his reindeers. I find it hard not to crack up every time she mentions it!

My cousin's little girl is 9 and still believes, even though my cousin has told her he's not real and none of the kids in her class believe. She is clinging on with both hands though, bless her.

Latest posts

Back