Whose clients are they?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie111

Reaction score
I rent a room in a sunbed shop 3 days a week doing beauty therapies, nails and spray tanning.
Whose clients are they?
The owner of the sunbed shop has mentioned in the past about putting my clients onto her database and I said something like she couldn't do that without permisssion from them.
Am I right, are they MY clients.
If I was to leave am I perfectly within my rights to inform all my customers and take them with me mobile?

If you pay rent or a % of your treatments then you're self-employed, in which case they're your clients.
If the owner of the sunbed shop wants to add your clients to her database then she needs their permission first otherwise she won't be able to get their details (client confidentiality and data protection).

Yes, if you were to leave then you are more than within your rights to tell your clients, it would then be their decision whether to follow you or not, the sunbed shop owner has no say over your clients... this would be different if you were employed by the sunbed shop owner, in that case then the clients would be theirs and not yours.

hth's a bit

Thanks Sandi, that confirms what I thought.

Latest posts

Back