Why am I not being paid do you think

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peachey-pie

Reaction score
Its nearly 3 weeks since I left my last pace of work. I left on payday but so far havnt been paid.
I have contacted her and she keeps blaming someone else...accountant/ wages woman...etc
I just dont know what to do, im not the confrontational type but we are talking about a few hundred pounds here. I darnt tell my husband as hes a bit of a bull in a china shop type and didnt like her anyway.
Any ideas on how I can get my money?? xx

Call them again tomorrow and be firm and tell her you need your salary to pay bills or car insurance or such likes and as it is overdue when can you call in to collect it.

Its nearly 3 weeks since I left my last pace of work. I left on payday but so far havnt been paid.
I have contacted her and she keeps blaming someone else...accountant/ wages woman...etc
I just dont know what to do, im not the confrontational type but we are talking about a few hundred pounds here. I darnt tell my husband as hes a bit of a bull in a china shop type and didnt like her anyway.
Any ideas on how I can get my money?? xx

Ask her to confirm in writing when you will be paid - and ask for it tomorrow - failing that advise her you will have to seek to recover your wages owed through small claims if she doesn't pay you. If she still fails then come back here and I'll help you word a letter to her before you go to small claims.

Ask her to confirm in writing when you will be paid - and ask for it tomorrow - failing that advise her you will have to seek to recover your wages owed through small claims if she doesn't pay you. If she still fails then come back here and I'll help you word a letter to her before you go to small claims.
Thats really kind of you thankyou!! x

Write a letter (deliver in person to her) stating that you require your wages for x date to x date in the letter state that you give her 7 days to pay you or you will be taking the matter to an employment tribunal. Keep a copy for your records as well. We're having to go down a tribunal route as my partners work didn't pay him for his notice .

I had same problem, speak to her advise her you will be informing acas ASAP see what she says. I informed acas & opened tribunal and my money was very quickly put in my bank account.

I had this done to me, give her 1 more call saying you require wages owed (btw is it monthly wage as you would normally get it te same time as you would have previously that way so may not be entitled to it until end of month etc...) and DON'T give reasons y u need it, that's not her business.
If this is unsuccessful you write asking for an explanation as to why your wages have not been paid stating a reply is required in 14 days (standard reply times)
If and when you get the reply before te 14 days you call acas (even if you have not had the reply) and ask for a local solicitor who can help (some do a hour free etc which should be sufficient) who will then write a letter on ur behalf demanding wages be paid by x date.
If she ignores them then u call the solicitor or acas and see about small claims court (mine didn't go that far, we agreed on a final settlement (I was 17 and had enough to do working and college without having to sort that out too) ).

Hope it gets sorted before going to court hun. Keep us posted. Xoxo

Just because you've not been paid doesn't mean she's in the wrong.

If she only does her payroll once a month (like most businesses do) then you won't be paid for another week or so.

Most people (and I'm speaking from experience) have a cut off date of when they calculate their wages up to, then they may take a week or two to work out the details, tax etc and pay them or pass them onto their accountant. Just because you left on pay day doesn't mean the wages were calculated up to that day. They may have been calculated up until the week before. Then the remaining week will be paid the next month with any adjustments made for holiday, uniform etc.

I really get frustrated when people here don't think about the whole picture and tell people to send letters threatening action if they don't pay. Think about how businesses are run first.

Sorry, just re read some of the original post?

Am I right in thinking she hasn't paid you at all? You haven't been paid in about 7 weeks? If so, go by the other posters suggestions and ignore mine!

Sorry, just re read some of the original post?

Am I right in thinking she hasn't paid you at all? You haven't been paid in about 7 weeks? If so, go by the other posters suggestions and ignore mine!

That's what I was guessing too about the up to 7 weeks.
Can see why u posted the above though. I got a text from an ex employee years ago about that kind of thing, saying I can't do my job properly etc...

I got a bit arsey back saying I was just a supervisor having to do the managers job with no training, (company was failing and all management jumped ship) and that despite that she had never been paid wrong while working there, then that the cut off date was x and any other correspondence should be submitted in writing, but to look at her handbook before sending me msgs like that as it says clearly the cut off dates and the procedure if she left.

Turned out she was owed £3 after all that because she didn't return uniform orocker key ( lock smith was charged to her wages and uniform costs deducted even tho they would be binned)

Xoxo

Latest posts

Back