Why are hair salons closed on Mondays?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samantha1981

Reaction score
I have noticed that EVERY hair salon I come accross, be it Bournemouth, London or Birmingham, is always closed on a Monday. Just wondered, why is this so?

Last edited:
I think it's because they work Saturdays...........so Mondays off gives them a full weekend. xxx

not something i have ever noticed....how strange . x

Do you know what?

It is exactly the same here in Spain....EVERY single salon is closed on Monday.... it has made me wonder ever since I moved here....

another thing they don't sell pea empanadillas ( type of pasty ) on a monday either...and I wondered if it was connected....:rolleyes:

no haircuts or pea pasties on a Monday in Spain... :D

I never noticed they did this in the UK aswell....it's a phonomenon!!!!

i have always known most hair salons to be closed on mondays.....most are where i live. saying that though....there are a few now that are starting to open, i just thought it was because of the working on saturadys and it being a quiet day.
x

I think it's because they work Saturdays...........so Mondays off gives them a full weekend. xxx

Im not a hairdresser but it's the same here. Im closed on a Monday for the reason quoted. :lol:

yeah I think it's a bit of a tradition, like half day closing on a Thursday

Where I'm at in Canada they never use to be closed for years ,until they started complaining about the Barbering association .The Barbers here always were closed on Mondays, now they both have the choice if they want to be open or not. So, with the barbers it was that they worked saturdays too & it gave them a weekend off.

Most of the salons in this area close Mondays also - I work normal hours Monday 9-7 and am usually quite busy. Would be nice to have an extra day off but would miss quite a bit of business if I did. We open 9-7 every weekday and 9-6 Saturday.
DianeXX

Same here in the SW - all closed on a Monday 'cos they work Saturdays. Having said that, my hairdresser opens on a Monday and closes on a Wednesday. I think that's a good idea, because business is good on a Monday as she is the only one open locally.

we have always opened on a monday but as from march we are closing as it doesnt get busy enough as most people work mondays and costs more in over heads to open then what we make x

My hairdresser is open on Mondays and closed on Tuesdays. No idea why.

I have never noticed this but my hair salon is open Monday to Saturday

another thing they don't sell pea empanadillas ( type of pasty ) on a monday either...and I wondered if it was connected....:rolleyes:

no haircuts or pea pasties on a Monday in Spain... :D

Maybe they use dried peas, which they soak overnight, so as they don't work on a sunday, no pea pastries are available on a Monday.

i wish... im open mondays instead of tuesdays so i dont really get a weekend. its pretty messed up.

we open on a monday, and pinch all the clients who want their hair done, when all other salons are closed lol!!!!

My father in law has been a barber for years (has his own shop) and is always closed on a Sunday and Monday, the same as the hairdressers I used to work in, it's because we used to work on a Saturday and we're all entitled to 2 days off per week aren't we? :wink2:

All closed Monday here too. Even the hair salons in malls that are open on Sundays.

I think also because it's the quietest day - plus for those poor stylists that work on Saturdays and/or Sundays, they get at least a days break near the weekend!

Cause were all lazy buggers and like to go shopping on mondays. :wink2:

Latest posts

Back