Why are there Shellac salons that don't do the proper prep?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisasnails

Reaction score
Hi all!!

So I had a nice comment yesterday from a new client, she was like wow you are really thorough with the manicure before shellac (the PEP) she said the other place she went to just put the shellac straight on!!! So she was happy and is going to come back :) but this other place is a registered shellac salon but obviously don't do the whole start to finish procedure which make me wonder how many places decide to do this short cut procedure? And maybe that's why some people say it doesn't last!! Atleast I know I'm doing it right :)

Sorry title should have said PEP!!

They probs don't have many clients then as the shellac won't stay on for long!!! There's a reason y weir told to do it!!!! More clients for you then hun!!!

I cant see the point in techs spending al that money in training and product then doing a half hearted job, surely this tech will never get any repeat business because the shellac just wont do the job. Maybe they havent had the training, and therefore dont know that the prep is the mainstay of the product.

Keep up the good work and just do what you do and this lady will not be the first, coz she will go away and tell all her friends what a fantastic job you did and how long her shellac lasted

there will always be those who think that cutting corners saves time and money....

only in time will they realise it costs more to fix their mistakes or worse that their business does not thrive as their clients migrate to better techs...

luckily for you, by following the correct procedure you will be the recipient of these clients when they seek a better standard of care..

Alot of salons were I am don't even file your nails just literally start applying shellac and only charge £15 it's shocking but people would rather pay that bit more and have it done correctly xxz

Lack of "proper" training, lack of supervision, lack of professional pride, unscrupulous business owners trying to cut corners.
These are the usual reasons where poor standards exist, whether in the beauty/hair/nail industry or any other.

I cant see the point in techs spending al that money in training and product then doing a half hearted job, surely this tech will never get any repeat business because the shellac just wont do the job. Maybe they havent had the training, and therefore dont know that the prep is the mainstay of the product.

Keep up the good work and just do what you do and this lady will not be the first, coz she will go away and tell all her friends what a fantastic job you did and how long her shellac lasted

Thank you!! the problem is alot of people have no idea what a proper shellac manicure is until the have had one :/
but I will keep doing what I do as client feel like the get true value of of the service :)

there will always be those who think that cutting corners saves time and money....

only in time will they realise it costs more to fix their mistakes or worse that their business does not thrive as their clients migrate to better techs...

luckily for you, by following the correct procedure you will be the recipient of these clients when they seek a better standard of care..

Thanks Envy, it was nice to hear that I was doing a good job, even though I was just doing the correct procedure...I could see how you could cut the time down by not doing all that but then the nails wouldn't look as nice and last as long!

Hi All!

I have a client who absolutely HATES having her cuticles done! She insists on just a file and shellac application and actually her nails still last a good 2 weeks as promised. I do however manage to convince her to have her cuticles done once every 6 weeks when she has a full spa manicure with her shellac, i think maybe this keeps her cuticles going for a while which is why the shellac lasts like it does.

I know this is totally wrong and I always do a thorough PEP on all my Shellac clients but what can you do if they refuse! It's her money

x

Lack of "proper" training, lack of supervision, lack of professional pride, unscrupulous business owners trying to cut corners.
These are the usual reasons where poor standards exist, whether in the beauty/hair/nail industry or any other.

so true!!! if only clients knew how the correct procedure for a treatment is carried out then they would have an idea :)

Latest posts

Back