Why aren't they taking me seriously

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little-em

Reaction score
I'm on again banging on about the pants sallys course I did! I am now trying to get a refund to no avail. I have been offered the course again though, not much use when the head of training tells me rebalance and infill are exactly the same and infill is just a newer word!
I am now going through Trading standards as what I was promised was in no way delivered. Sallys don't seem remotely bothered and keep telling me point blank, no refund. I am so angry that I actually want them to stop their training as I'm sure I'm not the only 1 who thinks there is no way I can charge clients after the course.
Can you believe I asked the head of training why we couldn't bring in a model to be told that the model will sit and listen then buy all the things and do them herself, to which I replied, I learnt more from you tube than the course and it's not my fault sallys sell to the public! What else can I do I am so angry they can offer that sort of training then you get a certificate or 3 in my case!

Last edited:
Did you ever post here and ask for feedback about the sally's course before you did it? If not, then I can't understand why you forked out for something that you hadn't researched? There are so many nail courses that prey (in fact count on) peoples ignorance in these matters. Don't think you'll get anywhere with this one. If you had left in the middle of the course that would be one thing, but you attended and completed it. As far as they are concerned you got what you paid for.

Did you ever post here and ask for feedback about the sally's course before you did it? If not, then I can't understand why you forked out for something that you hadn't researched? There are so many nail courses that prey (in fact count on) peoples ignorance in these matters. Don't think you'll get anywhere with this one. If you had left in the middle of the course that would be one thing, but you attended and completed it. As far as they are concerned you got what you paid for.

I only found out about this site after I did the course! I agree I didn't do alot of research and rather foolishly thought all courses were the same and the content would be the same

My initial course wasn't Sallys but a local college. I used that as a springboard to learning. I'm doing a CND conversion course at the end of February. Even if they had taught you what you needed to know, you never stop learning.

I'd suck it up, treat it as a learning curve and save for better training :D

I know I totally should but I am on a one woman mission to get them stopped!! Watch this space you'll see me on the news handcuffed to the door of sallys!!

lol i think you will find you wont get anywhere with em hun , my mate and i once did a nail art course and the teacher was appauling , spoke to us like dirt because we were "creative trained " , lol
we complained a few times it got us no where i think some courses run there are ok like the seperate beauty and hair ones but the nails ones are not the best i dont think ... i would get yourself on a conversion to cnd you will feel loads better x

lol i think you will find you wont get anywhere with em hun , my mate and i once did a nail art course and the teacher was appauling , spoke to us like dirt because we were "creative trained " , lol
we complained a few times it got us no where i think some courses run there are ok like the seperate beauty and hair ones but the nails ones are not the best i dont think ... i would get yourself on a conversion to cnd you will feel loads better x

I'm sorry but that cannot happen! :hug:

CND will not accept one who has only been on a two day course to do Conversion .. she may however do the CND Foundation Course and start from scratch or put her name forward to [email protected] to be considered for the 14 day CND special 'pilot' course. (8 lucky ladies are attending this first ever course right now and there may be an opportunity for 8 more to do the second course ...

The 'pilot' course is an amazing way to take an amazing training for half price and all products and tools and accessories included as well as your NVQ at the end of it along with your much coveted CND certificates (if you pass lol). This course is spread out and will require a travel commitment from the students as it is held in Leeds. But ... a fantastic opportunity if you are interested.

I know I totally should but I am on a one woman mission to get them stopped!! Watch this space you'll see me on the news handcuffed to the door of sallys!!

Why not harness all that seething resentment and energy that you want to use against Sallys and use it to do something really good for yourself? Check out the CND 'pilot' course. If you want to offer nails and all nail treatments and do it the right way then email to samantha and ask her what is on offer ... because what is on offer is beyond special and will not be repeated.

the sad reality is that there are a lot of sharks out there. i look for a number of things when taking up a course:

do you get a recognised qualification at the end of it?

does it look like you'll get enough supervised study time? (i've found that a lack of this can make learning harder than it needs to be)

I would guess that a lot of people jump right into a course that they're disappointed with. It's not a nice experience to have but it will at least make you better informed when it comes to choosing training next time!

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do! :)

I'm sorry you did this and found out the hard way , you can never be sure even when you research sometimes ,
I started with a year long NVQ. I worked my bum off for it and saw other people in the class who didn't care, got it for free (I payed full) hardly showed up (I had 100%attendance) didn't do assignments (even with dyslexia & 3 kids mine wear in on or before time) , and one or 2 who didnt even finish there assessments at the end!
And everyone in the class passed with the same exact certificates as me, now how many of them do nails? 1 ! Me !
A year later I took on one of the teachers part time as a newbe myself I had to partly retrain her! As there wear sooo many gaps in what she new!

But I would never call the year a waste of time , I'd never ask for the money back or even write a letter why?

Cos I learned alot ! Of lessons that wear not on the lesson plan,
I learned professionalism , organization , self motervation , how to deep with difficult people , how NOT to do nails , how important it is to keep up to date in the industry , and lots of other stuff

My point being don't get mad get even, be the best you can take from it what there is and chalk it up to a bumpy beginning .

In the words of the yummy Eminem "be what you set out to be"

I'm sorry but that cannot happen! :hug:

CND will not accept one who has only been on a two day course to do Conversion .. she may however do the CND Foundation Course and start from scratch or put her name forward to [email protected] to be considered for the 14 day CND special 'pilot' course. (8 lucky ladies are attending this first ever course right now and there may be an opportunity for 8 more to do the second course ...

The 'pilot' course is an amazing way to take an amazing training for half price and all products and tools and accessories included as well as your NVQ at the end of it along with your much coveted CND certificates (if you pass lol). This course is spread out and will require a travel commitment from the students as it is held in Leeds. But ... a fantastic opportunity if you are interested.

oops sorry , i had totally forgot the ways of doing a conversion course :lol:, as i did my starter training with you guys , lol .. i read things like this and am glad i chose right , lol

oops sorry , i had totally forgot the ways of doing a conversion course :lol:, as i did my starter training with you guys , lol .. i read things like this and am glad i chose right , lol

Me to Dee, me to.
I'd love to do that new course though, it's like WOW they must cover so much and because I did start with CND, I know how much I'd get out of a course like that.
Yer I know, there's the master class, but you have to be seriously good to go on that and I'm nearly back at square one with nails after my break:cry:
Anyway, to the thread starter. Is your cert a cert of competance or attendance?
If it's attendance, forget it, you will not win, you did after all attend.
The fact that the course was as rubbish as the products doesn't come in to it.
If you're supposed to be competant and you're not, how are you going to prove this? It's your word against theirs and they are the qualified peeps so if they say you are, the courts are not going to argue with them.
Sorry hun, but that is the sad truth about the law and our industry. I can walk into half a dozen nail bars in my town and just on health and safety alone I know they should be shut down. Not going to happen.
Trying to take them on will cost you money, time and energy. In the long run, you will just be broke and tired. Better to move on and focus on the future.:hug:

Why not harness all that seething resentment and energy that you want to use against Sallys and use it to do something really good for yourself? Check out the CND 'pilot' course. If you want to offer nails and all nail treatments and do it the right way then email to samantha and ask her what is on offer ... because what is on offer is beyond special and will not be repeated.

As soon as you posted it out on another thread this morning I emailed Samantha and am waiting for details from Debs. I only live about an hour and a half away so will definatly want to do this.

I just cant help feeling that they have taken my money, which I work bloody hard for, for a certificate I might have well got by collecting corn flake packets!

think of it this way ... at least when yu go into your creative training you will already know some bits .. like how to pick up a bead .. (i knew none of this ) so you will feel like you have some idea what to expect ..
i can tell you this you wont regret doing creative training ..
i no longer do nails but i really enjoyed my course with them and i miss sweet squared like you wouldnt beleive !! (even if i only went up to buy polishes which again are without a doubt streets ahead of any other brand out there !!)
i have done many courses with many different compnies as have many of us on here , unfortunatly for many geek is only found after doing the first or even 2nd , 3 rd course , lol ..
have a nosy around the site you will soon gather so much information you will feel better educated than on your other course , lol x

Awww such a shame when people needlessly waste good money on nail training...

I searched and searched before my cash left my purse....

Talking of which i want to return to training just for a rest, I think my training was too good lol

If you are looking into nail training its very easy to fall into 'cheap train', having said that if you really do your homework you can find reviews on everything, that may have helped.

As for your money back, they taught you their way of 'doing nails' thats what you paid for, it is almost 100% certain that you wont see your cash again.

Sallys is available to the general public, they make no secret of this, which means that anyone can train and buy from them, were you not aware of this before you paid? Did you not ask about taking models? Did you get all the info before you paid?

Hard as it is i think as previously said, take it on the chin....upwards and onwards....many people have wasted money, not much consolation but you are not on your own.

Now you have found SG you will be able to research thoroughly and hopefully save some cash x

Latest posts

Back