Why Clear Powder (Polymer)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I wonder if you fellow geeks can help

I have not used a clear powder yet and was wondering when would you use this? I am guessing its has the appearance of the Fibreglass i.e. completely neutral - is my guessing correct? :rolleyes:

The reason I ask is I have a client on Saturday who has had fibreglass for 6 months now but she can not keep her index finger intact for love or money - so I wondered if it would be a good idea to put acrylic on just the one nail that always breaks (PS she wont switch to L & P as she loves Fabric)

Please can someone help me out?

I use clear powder when im using white tips this may not help you as i use L&P.

Vicky x

I have also used clear powder when I used to use white tips. I also use it if I have a client who has natural nails but has broken one - she wants a tip or a repair to a split - I would use clear to limit the colour different between the other 9 nails. You don't want one lovely enhanced pink nail to put the others in the shade - well maybe I do to get her to have all of them done LOL.

If your fabric nails are crystal clear then yes, you could use the clear as an alternative. I am sure you have probably been over all of the scenarios as to what she does with her index finger - maybe it is too long - maybe you just need to build the stress area slightly etc.

Good luck and let us know what you do for her tomorrow.

hi,
i use clear powder when im doing design work
i use it over the top of my boogie nights (glitter) or coloured acrylic
it also looks fab if you want clear tips

Jess
;)

Took the nail shorter now vertually no free edge at all which is what we both agreed might be the best course of action (though it was'nt much longer before!) - didn't use the acrylic as I didn't see the posts until today....I am going to soak my acrylics off and go back to fabric and do one clear on test a single clear L & P on me..if its good then next time my client breaks the same nail i will do on her...so thanks for the advise gals.... much appreciated...atb Louise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back