Why Compromise??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I admire your loyalty to Creative and agree with your opinion that if you are Creative trained should be following these however there are technicians that may not have discovered Creative when they started and I am sure on Tuesday will be as loyal as you. How ever one is entitled to an opinion as this was mine. There are many systems out there that also use sanitisers, cuticle removers and base coats but they are only as good as the technician who uses them

I do not condone people that do not use these practices when they have been taught them but surely these are the people we should be angry with.

I was just being honest and I least I had the guts to say so ;)

I was not originally Creative trained , when i did my training 12 years ago there was nothing like it is now. I have my original study notes from back then and there was nothing about even washing your and your clients hands! Prep, well that was file the nail plate apply primer, that was it!

I have to admit i was ignorant about all of this until just before i was creative trained, having spent a day with Cherie, (aussie nail freak) in her salon and watching her every move for that entire day, omg did i learn alot!! and i immediatly changed the way i done everything the very next day, and couldnt wait to do my master classes.

I am now creative trained, having done my master classes in September and i have not looked back. But i do understand that alot of techs are just not trained this way, and it is sad that there is "some" training around that leaves alot to be desired.

Its not only prep that is lacking in alot of other courses, as i explain to my clients its all about enhancing the beauty of your own nails not about damaging them or covering them up.

But yes i was one of these ignorant techs for a very long time, although i am ashamed to admit it , but i will in hope that others can learn that its never too late to change the way you do things, you never stop learning and anyone that says they know everything is sadly ignorant.

I am still learning every day.

Kerrie :)

Well let's just hope that this topic has spurred a few more technicians on to better things such as:-

Using a hand sanitizer on themselves and their clients - EVERY time.

Using a cuticle remover to soften the soft tissue around the nail plate before pushing back the skin.

Doing the whole job when applying enamel colour.

To mention but a few!!

I must admit - this is quite scarey; in the salons I have rented/rent space in even the other members of staff query my cool blue & chlori spray!!!!

The other tek's they've know never used them, nor products like them.

A little bit worrying - huh?

hi!
in our salon we always use Sanitisers. First we wash with Backscratchers hygenic elegance. And then prepare the nail by erasing all the loose and overgrown cuticle and then i use nail prep before applying the enhancements. I can honestly say i never get any lifting and all my clients are really happy!
I know there is some nss salons out there that do not carry out the procedure. (shame on you!)
Really interesting to read all your posts. What would we do without this site!!!

I know there is some nss salons out there that do not carry out the procedure. (Shame on you!)
Well here in Wolverhampton we have a big name department store using a big name product. When I did my CFC a few weeks back I met a couple of lovely ladies who used to frequent the place .... they said it was dirty :shock:
I know these ladies joined the site, would make some really interesting reading if they decided to post on this subject - things they told us made our eyes pop!!!!

Glorsclaws said:
they said it was dirty :shock:

One mans dirt is another mans clean ;)

In all reality... I have witnessed many salons who actually use sanitizers and disinfectants... but are freaking mank.

One comes to mind that was so bad... I went home and showered in Barbacide (all right... just kidding there)... but still...

Several years ago, the Health Department (in the US) went around to Hairmessers and to Nail techs and took tiny samples of their disinfectants. They found that the vast majority of the samples were actually growing things instead of killing them.
You can use products like Cool Blue, ScrubFresh, or Barbacide... Doesn’t mean you are using them effectively or even correctly.

I find it bizarre that someone who does know better doesn't do better... But that is their choice and their customers choice to pay them for a dirty service.

As far as people knowing better but not doing better... I can only say:
You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink. :fro:

Im doing something right!!
I use Cuticle remover,cool blue and scrub fresh...... horray!!! im actually doing something right....

I have a client that says ohhh! i dont like the tingle of that blue stuff.... can you not use that... so i quite pleastnly explained that i couldnt TOUCH her nails without it!!!! etc etc., she soon got over the millisecond tingle!!!!!

What a good point. I would be so worried if i did not prep properly and the client got an infection or something. How do these people sleep at night!!!

I have had lots of new clients that have never had proper prep done and have encountered problems as a result. I always talk my client through the steps as i do them and many of them are suprised at why they have not received the same treatment in the past. It is good that we thorough techs can restore their faith.

I'm not one of the guilty ones...........eeeeeeeeeeks except for the base coat. Can someone tell me the reason for base coat on enhancements? I do use a base for natural nails..but in school, my teacher said it wasn't necessary for enhancements...but i use it only if i am putting on red for reasons we all know that red bleeds and will stain the nail.

Sanitize ! Sanitize ! Sanitize !!!!

Hi...
I have just seen this post for the first time and thought i had better reply so not to be seen as scanky...lol.
The only time i cut corners is when i trim the corners of a tip...lol...saves time filing...lol.
My partner now has a minature cool blue in his bag he takes to work, he loves it.
Joking apart the things i noticed and disliked when having my nails done before i became a tech was...being rushed and treated roughly and the nail desk covered in dusk and yukky stuff.
When i do someones nails i enjoy what i do and want them to enjoy have the treatment too.
Would not treat skanky hands...no way...no thank you!

I would be scared not to use the correct hygene system prior to any treatment, or leaving a step out - this was one area that was drummed into me when I did my training -

Plus it is important to show the client whenever possible in your application the importance of hygene as only a true professional would for any nail treatments are being carried out. I normally give my client the 240grit file used on them to take away or keep it specifically for their next treatment and of course sanitise this in front of them? My clients are always impressed and have even bought my anti-bacterial gel for home use..

Another thought/comment as being mobile sometimes my ladies take calls (what can I do?) but I always make them have the equivalent of cool blue on their hands and mine before I start again, they used to look at me like I was mad, now they don't - they are just impressed :D

Me too! i use the whole lot - as im such a worrier i be too worried not too!! lol!!!
i too have clients who are amazed at cool blue.... and cuticle remover - im sure most of them have had manicures that just consist of a nail shape and polish!!! not a drop of cuticle remover.. but i like others have said i would only want to do nails i would expect for myself.
the other thing is, as far as hand sanitising i am ALWAYS telling, Chanel. my youngest, to stop biting her nails (bad advert for me lol) and to do this i tell her that boys have to hold their willys (sorry!!) to go to toilet and not many of them wash their hands and then they go touching things, door handles etc., Chanel will go along touching things in shops/door handles etc and get the germs.... yuk!!! just think how many door handles your client has touched before she sits down at your nail desk! and then you hold her hands for an hour!!!!! yuk!! yuk!! hope you all use cool blue now!! ha ha !

nailsbynicola said:
well girls i too always use the whole kaboodle and you know what i still count to 5 when im scrub freshing!! nickki jonesx :D
I find the exact same reactions from clients as everyone else,but had to giggle at nicolas comment as i too still count to 5 when scrub freshing!!! :lol:

I would hate to do someones nails without sanitising their hands and mine before as I like to know that I am working with and on clean hands and the clients appreciate this as it shows you are a clean and safe salon. I also clean files and have my tools in sanitising barbicide on show so that the clients can see that the tools are cleaned after each client!!!! I could not do a fill or new set without pushing back the cuticles first as I know this is such an important part of the prep to prevent lifting and it makes the finished result look much nicer too! I use a cuticle remover to soften cuticles first. I know it does take a while when doing the prep infact this is probably where alot of my fill time goes but I agree on how important it is and if I missed it out I would give myself more work in the long run if clients nails started to lift - and they wouldnt be happy either.

Thehandsanctuary said:
I tell her that boys have to hold their willys!

ROTFLMBAO!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have NO idea how much you just made me laugh!

Thanks
Jackie

I'm shocked too at the amount of new clients I get who seem to have had no sanitization at all...I would never dream of missing this out...for client protection and my own!

Well i'm not creative trained, but i was taught to use a sanitizer after the client has washed their hands, i use Superdrugs Clean & Dry antibacterial hand gel which has a gorgeous clean smell as well as killing all those nasty little germs! It's only 89p too! :D

And yes - the amount of clients that are surprised when i ask them to wash their hands is SCARY!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back