Why did I even get out of bed this morning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpina

Reaction score
Sometimes I don't know why I bother!

My boss is away at the moment, so I get to run the salon today and tomorrow. Scary and exiting.

Anyway, I get to work this morning at nine o'clock to find the electricity has been cut off. The salon is completely dark and very hot. I get hold of the power company, they promise to have it turned it back on by 10:30. I cant even reschedule the mornings clients because I cant turn the computer to get their phone numbers, so I nearly break my back rearranging the salon to be able to do treatments in the only room with windows. I also look like an idiot by going next door and asking if I can come over to borrow some hot water for this mornings pedicure.

Everything should work out ok I think. But NO, my first THREE clients don't even bother to show up. (usually my clients are pretty good). So I spend the morning sitting at the desk, (can't even clean, theres no light or hot water), telling walkins they cant use the solarium this morning.

I also had a couple of customers call to make appointments, but I tell them no, we are fully booked today, only for those appointments not to show up anyway. So these customers say ok, we will try somewhere else.

Then I wait all day, do one pedicure in the afternoon and go home.

I hope tomorrow is nothing like today was!!!

poor you...but you know what you have coped with things really well...if i was the boss i would be very happy that you had used your initiative to do the best you could under the circumstances....these things are sent to try us...you passed the test.

well done..chin up xx

totally agree with what angie said.....your being tested by the powers that be...lol.......and seems your getting through it...tomorrow can only be better :hug::hug:

Thanks guys, it's great knowing I can come to salon geek after a day like that and have others understand what it's like.

Good news though, today went beautifully, had great clients and no dramas. Well it's over now - the boss comes back on Monday - and I survived without tearing all mt hair out.

This crazy, stressed out person will be me again when I open my salon at the end of the year :)

Thanks guys, it's great knowing I can come to salon geek after a day like that and have others understand what it's like.

Good news though, today went beautifully, had great clients and no dramas. Well it's over now - the boss comes back on Monday - and I survived without tearing all mt hair out.

This crazy, stressed out person will be me again when I open my salon at the end of the year :)

This is good to hear, if you'd pulled all your hair out it would put your clients off:lol::lol::lol:
Tell us more about your own salon plans

You coped absolutely brilliantly! I would have just panicked!!
be sure to tell your boss EVERYTHING that happend, as you really deserve lots of praise!!
I think that you will really be great at running your own salon.:)

Latest posts

Back