Why did the hair shed so much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercedeszelah

Reaction score
Hey geeks
I fitted a full head of extensions on a client 6 weeks ago. Went to do a maintenance appointment this week and was going to add some more hair as she said it had thinned a bit. When I got there it was so thin I had to remove it. The bonds had shed so much on some the glue was still there but all the hair had shed!! Why would this have happened?

shedding only really happens when the bonds go soft. Was it a fusion fitting or pre bonded?? Aftercare plays a huge part in looking after the bonds and products too. what has she been using on her hair etc??

A lot of the time also is clients using the wrong brushes which is why now I give them a FREE brush but really it's not free it's just included in my price lol x

Hve you used the same bond on others before?
What did the bond left in the hair look like?
If it was powdery/white and bitty then somethings possibly dissolved it or she could have been catching bonds with straighteners or brush which has broken the bond down to that degree.

What aftercare has she been using on it?
x

Thanks geeks. She had been using the shampoo and conditioner from the same company and hair brush. The bonds did feel a bit soft when I was removing them. It was pre bonded hair which i used

Hey geeks
I fitted a full head of extensions on a client 6 weeks ago. Went to do a maintenance appointment this week and was going to add some more hair as she said it had thinned a bit. When I got there it was so thin I had to remove it. The bonds had shed so much on some the glue was still there but all the hair had shed!! Why would this have happened?

I've been having the same problem with a few of my clients...

Ive had that previously with bonds

If theyre soft and slightly squidgy feeling,in my experience its because water and product has got underneath thr bond and started to break it down.

When sealing pre bonds i heat the bond with the gun,then i squeeze the bond between my thumb and forefinger really tightly untill its flat,the i use the gun to seal around the edges top and bottom and give it another really good firm squeeze.
If water has managed to get underneath a sealed bond,its probably because they arent drying the root/bond area dry properly after washing.
I tell my clients when they wash their hair,to towel blot and NOT comb or brush untill theyve dried the bond area thouroughly first as brushing/combing will disturb the bond when the hairs still wet due to the natural hair stretching and disturbing it.

Sorry if i have babbled abit,but its late and ive just got home after a very hectic 12 hour day!
x

My tip is change to a supplier with Italian Keratin, Indian Keratin is poor and often softens if client has oily hair, if you have not sealed top/bottom of bond, if centain products have been used etc etc - you wont have this issue with Italian Keratin, its bullet proof!

My tip is change to a supplier with Italian Keratin, Indian Keratin is poor and often softens if client has oily hair, if you have not sealed top/bottom of bond, if centain products have been used etc etc - you wont have this issue with Italian Keratin, its bullet proof!

...second this

Latest posts

Back