Why do clients lie? Have you been lied to?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireJones

Reaction score
Had a client in today, wanting highlights, asked if her hair had been coloured she said no!!! Checked roots, colour very close to natural. Knew she had coloured her hair but still decide to tell a fib lol

I don't see the purpose in lying, it doesn't achieve anything... :S

Had a client for a scalp bleach once, saw a bottle of the dreaded John frieda lightening spray but from the look of it full and unused...I double checked she hadn't used it and she said no...2 hours later, after shampooing, the majority of her hair ended up in the towel we dried it with...lesson learned!

Had a client in today, wanting highlights, asked if her hair had been coloured she said no!!! Checked roots, colour very close to natural. Knew she had coloured her hair but still decide to tell a fib lol

What do you do in this situation? do you diplomatically say I believe you have colour in (whilst in your head shouting your lying to me! lol) or just ignore it and carry on?

Im only wondering as Im hoping doing my NVQ 2 hair in September so Im lurking on the hair forum at the mo!

x

They always tell u what they think u want to hear! X

What do you do in this situation? do you diplomatically say I believe you have colour in (whilst in your head shouting your lying to me! lol) or just ignore it and carry on?

Im only wondering as Im hoping doing my NVQ 2 hair in September so Im lurking on the hair forum at the mo!

x

I usually say ok and then carry on obviously working with what I know deep down x

omg the first was when i was a simple shampoo artist (i call it that to feel my first years of salon work were fancy haha) but i had a old woman in who said because i was 6ft tall she thought i was gona be rough when shampooing and i had asked her if i was rough and she said no i was fine.....she then went and told my boss i was to gentle and my boss used it as an excuse to shout at me....i shall never wash out a perm again lol

I have been lied to on many occasions by clients mainly when doing hair up as they want to keep the cost down.

Brides have sent me examples of simple up dos only only to be told after ive quoted them they have changed their mind and want something more time consuming when I arrive for to do the trial.

Or they have over quoted numbers to try and secure a booking with as I don't offer bride only services at peak times during the wedding season.

I've also been lied to about wedding and venue locations as they don't want to pay travel costs when I've be asked for quotes or when I've booked clients.

I've had texts the night before weddings or special occasions saying that I need to at xxxxx postcode instead which miles away from me and there no budget for travel.

What they dont realise is that I book enough travel time there and back as well as their treatment time around the location the orginally given when booking and I will book other clients around this.

I have had to be very, very diplomatic with these clients and have now implement tight a contact to stop this happening

I have to admit to this I'm afraid.

I colour my hair monthly (thanks to grey) and I do tell the hairdresser when I go. However, when I went for highlights (this was sometime ago) they asked when was the last time I dyed my hair and I said nearly 2 weeks ago but it was only a few days before.

Thankfully, the colour came out great and my hair looked fab.

I'm just worried if I leave my hair any stated time, my grey will show through and my highlights wouldn't look so good.

I don't see the purpose in lying, it doesn't achieve anything... :S

neither do I....

As professionals, unless our clients are honest with us, how can we provide the best service, advice or treatment plan for them if what we're being told is lies or half truths...

I always strive to give the best service or advice I can, however sometime clients try and make it imposible when they try and give me false information etc

And if things go wrong due to them be liberel with the truth who do they blame, I can take a wild guess .....and its not themselves its us!

completely unecessary for clients to fib isnt it!!! although with colour i think sometimes its not that they're lying, they just genuinely dont know what they've got through their hair! like semi permanents or quasi i mean clients dont get that these can grab and if used all the time creates a build up etc

clients try to give us the answer they think we want and dont want to say something that might stop them getting what they want.
I never ask them anything about their colour until ive had a good look at their hair, why bother asking if theyve coloured their hair when i can tell just by looking

Latest posts

Back