why do clients not turn up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ste

Reaction score
hi all, im am really fed up lately with clients booking and then not turing up:grr: why do thay do this ! do any of you guys take numbers and make calls if they dont come, i know you cant make them come or pay for the missed appointment but why dont thay just call !, oct is a bad time in my salon as it is can do without this too, did a lady yesterday at 2 30 next lady at 4 DIDNT COME and my little girl was of school ill could have bin with her:hug: i love my job but some times do have better things to do with my time. sorry for going on but this gets me down:mad:

i am with you on that one !!!

when I worked in a salon there were loads of no shows, people getting dates confused etc. I used to ring them and remind them of their appointment it is very annoying. One night I worked and every single person didn't show. I locked the shop in the end and went home.

It's so annoying. Have you got a cancellation policy?? xx

I know from when I have worked in a salon it is sooo frustrating when a new client just doesn't bother to turn up.
But.. try to think that.. at least you get to know your regular clients and they would let you know if they couldn't get to you for some reason.
Keep the names and numbers of the ones that don't attend and don't rebook without them paying in advance!
You could try to offer a thing whereby if they don't turn up you bill them but IMO this doesn't always work x

This happened to me just today. Its so frustrating. I do take numbers and I called and she just cut me off - nice. As my partner says - its going to happen - but still doesnt make it any less frustrating.

BTW another thing to do...ring them the night before the appointment to confirm the booking.
A bit of a pain but it may help.

i find it happens to me with new clients sometimes.
i think its because the usually have to wait a couple of weeks for an appointment, they book in but i think they keep ringing round and find something sooner but dont bother to cancel.

On Saturday our salon had 6 (count 'em SIX!!) no shows. It really peeves you when you are on commission, let me tell you!

We always call and ask if they want to rebook, but you still end up sitting on your ar*e for an hour, hoping that you get a walk-by in enough time to do before your next booking.

It might be worth getting a deposit from someone who is a regular no-shower... just a thought.

thanx, i know its one of them things but what can you do some reg clients do forget and are very sorry some even pay me for the missed appointments without me asking i think this is very nice, and i understand things just happen i see that other solons say thay will charge if notice is not given but how do you get the money the client could just be blunt and say thay dont know anything about it i dont want a bad rep for ringing and going off at pepole
just want them to show some manners:mad: how would thay like it

thanx 1999judy i know of a salon that send text the day befor think this is something ill try, hard to get others to take numbers but its happening to us all and all self employed

thanx 1999judy i know of a salon that send text the day befor think this is something ill try, hard to get others to take numbers but its happening to us all and all self employed
I think this is a great idea,my salon does this to me when ive booked a hair appointment,they text me the day before to see if i still want the appointment.

yes angel fingers i think so and if it dosnt fall with pay day they just forget it and i think thay think oh need my hair done, ahh beauty bit skint you know what i mean

I think this may be where the problem lies. If you are depending on other people taking your appointments this will be a problem.
You NEED a contact number and full name before you book the appointment in order to confirm that it is real and not a hoax.
There are so many techs out there and tbh some may well try underhand tricks to put you out of business by booking fake appointments.
Sad yes... but unfortunately true x

hi 1999judy,im the only beauty/nails in my salon others hairdressers but did think of the salon down the rd but surely thay have better things to do:confused:

at the salon were i work we always take numbers , we also tell all our clients that we offer a ring and remind service were we ring them up the day before to cofirm the appointment . We also have clients on stand by for any appointments that come avaliable .

hi 1999judy,im the only beauty/nails in my salon others hairdressers but did think of the salon down the rd but surely thay have better things to do:confused:

You would be surprised at the lengths some people may go to.
Just be cautious hun..you don't want.. or need to be sat there for hours with nothing to do
If you have time practice your nail art or 3d work when this happens but don't let the time just go to waste x

i would love to have clients on stand by :green:

Always take numbers, always ring if they don't turn up..... clients often say they forgot or they don't answer the phone because they know thewy have been naughty....

if it's a brand new client and I have a mobile number I will text a reminder of the appointment a few days before hand.....gives them to option to cancel without having to speak to anyone and if they do, then I can fill my gap without having to sit around waiting for a no show.

Nothing p......s me off more than a no show , just so rude

I always take numbers when booking, so a no-show will always get a call. Sometimes it's genuine and you can salvage a relationship by calling them, cos sometime once they realise they just forgot to turn up, they become embarrassed and you never hear from them again.

Ive had the odd one or two clients, who have been a few times, re booked .. all well and good, they seemed friendly, enjoyed their treatments etc. But then do not turn up for their next appointment, no call ,nothing. Ive rung them, no answer .. left a message asking if all was ok and that if they could ring me back just to confirm if they were coming/had forgotten/had a problem. but still nothing!! Thats happened with two clients. I find it rude that they cant even return my call. Im not an evil witch, id understand if they phoned and explained. It really gets my goat too :hug:

Latest posts

Back