Why do extension companies need proof for trade accounts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlottehair

Extension Queen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was just wondering why extension brands require you to be hairdressing certified / qualified before you're entitled to a trade account?

I have a friend who is a mobile hairdresser but because she does not work in a salon she is struggling to get a trade account..

If she is a hairdresser, she would have a certificate? This stops anybody just having a trade account I guess which is much better

I don’t understand why working in a salon would affect it, where is she applying for an account?

some companies are salon only and don't cater to mobile stylists. this used to be the case with some wholesalers in my area where they didn't allow mobile stylists to buy products, although it has all changed now. i personally don't see it as a bad thing. we all go through years of training and persevering on shit wages to get the qualifications and knowledge that we have, and then for someone down the road to get the same products and do the same job without the graft we have put in, is a bit of a kick in the teeth. if she has qualifications then she should have no problem getting trade accounts xx

Loads will let you open with just a hair extension course certificate. SJK hair extensions, lady locks, archie lloyds, hair planet x

Does she have her own business being mobile and pay her own taxes? Most companies want to make sure that who ever is using their product is doing it correctly and keeping up their reputation.

I guess this is so they can prove who you are and if you’re trained. Some companies don’t require rhem
X

Latest posts

Back