Why do my gel enhancements lifts but gel polish doesn't....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj1

Reaction score
Someone shed some light on this for me. I have strong natural nails, I have found the gel polish(Akzentz gel polish) lasted about 9 days then I got seperation at the free edge. When I polish hitting the cuticle I don't get any lifting at all............But I decide to enhance my nails with Amore and I have lifting, why is this?

Help please,

aj

Someone shed some light on this for me. I have strong natural nails, I have found the gel polish(Akzentz gel polish) lasted about 9 days then I got seperation at the free edge.
Are you capping the free edge?
You shouldn't really be getting free edge separation after only 9 days, however if your nails grow fast they could be pulling away from the overlay.

When I polish hitting the cuticle I don't get any lifting at all............But I decide to enhance my nails with Amore and I have lifting, why is this?
Where do you get lifting when using the different gel?
Is it the same place?
Have you done an education class with Amore?
Are you using all of their enhancement products, ie bonder etc? (if it's needed)
hth's a bit

I did try and cap the f/e with gel polish and had the better wear when i didn't cap.

As far as Amore, yes I do use the whole product line, and lifting is at the cuticle area.

But is there a difference with traditional gel and gel polish?

Thanks,

aj

As far as Amore, yes I do use the whole product line, and lifting is at the cuticle area.
That would make me think insufficient removal of cuticle remover, more prep needed and/or soft tissue contact.

But is there a difference with traditional gel and gel polish?
By gel polish I'm assuming that you mean a soak off coloured gel?
The differences are outlined on this article... http://www.salongeek.com/misc-tutorials/35483-choosing-correct-gel.html

Maybe a 1-2-1 class with your Amore educator would be more beneficial.
hth's

I wish I could take classed with the products I use, unfortunatly they do not offer them near me.

Yes the soak off gel I use is Akzentz Options, thanks so much

Latest posts

Back