Why does it keep happening?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodie-danielle

Reaction score
This is a picture of my nail its only happening in both my ring fingers the other nails are in perfect condition.
At the min my left ring finger seems under control and is growing but this is doing my head in.
Where you can see the white on my nail that bends straight back like paper and ya can screw it up it's splitting down middle and going very low it feels very thin.
Any suggestions?
X x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339151150.610914.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339151150.610914.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 357
This is a picture of my nail its only happening in both my ring fingers the other nails are in perfect condition.
At the min my left ring finger seems under control and is growing but this is doing my head in.
Where you can see the white on my nail that bends straight back like paper and ya can screw it up it's splitting down middle and going very low it feels very thin.
Any suggestions?
X x
Have you had L&P on this nail?. It looks like over zealous filing and also overexposure going on, the redness and the wa the skin has pealed on the end of your finger upto the hypernicium area looks like monomer was slopped all over it.
This nail needs to be left alone and solar oil used at least 4 times a day to recondition it.
I have edited your pic to show what I mean
Jen xx

Attachments

• edited pic.jpg
    edited pic.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 226
Hi,
I have never had L&P on so it's not that, but after your explanation I have had gel extensions on perhaps the girl that has done them has over filed me :( didn't hurt when she was doing it though.
Going to leave it and just keep having a regular manicure every week untill it sorts it's self out and strengthens.
Thank you so much x

Hi,
I have never had L&P on so it's not that, but after your explanation I have had gel extensions on perhaps the girl that has done them has over filed me :( didn't hurt when she was doing it though.
Going to leave it and just keep having a regular manicure every week untill it sorts it's self out and strengthens.
Thank you so much x
Over filing would lead to the thining of the nail plate. When she applies her bonder have you noticed if she is really soaking your nail? As the surrounding skin on the finger tip does look like it has had some kind of overexposure to chemical causing it to peel and become red.
She could be putting too much on and its running down under the edge of the nail and getting onto the underneath skin if that makes sense.
Just lots of TLC for that nail until the damage grows out. xxx

regular manicure and cuticle oil daily to get nails back in shape, its going to take months though so you will have to persevere!!!

regular manicure and cuticle oil daily to get nails back in shape, its going to take months though so you will have to persevere!!!

Joy haha!
I'll keep up with it can't have bad nails really in our business can ya :( x

Latest posts

Back