Why does my client think this is OK?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitz and glam

Reaction score
:sad:
feeling really low n fed up.
i had a new client about 3 weeks ago, she was lovely, said shed rebook when they needed rebalancing. Got a phone call tuesday asking if i could fit her in for two teatments weds or thurs morning. i booked her in for thusday morning and after id confirmed her appointment she mentioned she would be having a natural nail overlay rather than extensions as the tips had all fallen off shortly after id done them ( had no contact from her about this until she rebooked), she said about a week and they were in an awful state because of it. i said id have a look ad a nno would be fine. i booked childcare and put her in diary
so as im dropping off my son to nursery the phone rings its about 9.10.... client tells me she wont be needing her 10am appointment as shes going on holiday tomorrow and doesnt have time for the appointment now!! :eek: ok so annoyed was not the word to discribe me i stayed calm and professional and informed her there was a 50% fee for cancelled appointments within 24 hrs. she said well please bear in mind they only lasted a short while before the tips came off...i responded that i hadnt had the chance to correct this or even have a look to see what the problem was as shed only told me tuesday! she said she would contact me after her holiday i replied i would pop an invoice in the post.... not sure i should have said that, i value my clients but thursaday mornings is my time off to catch up on jobs so i booked her in to do her a favour. Really feels like clients think im just sat around waiting for them and as though im doing it as a hobby :sad::sad:

You had every right to say that an invoice would be in post. I wouldn't worrie about her nails aslong as you know that you did them right and haven't had any problems before! If she books again then fine if not its a load off your shoulders x

:sad:
feeling really low n fed up.
i had a new client about 3 weeks ago, she was lovely, said shed rebook when they needed rebalancing. Got a phone call tuesday asking if i could fit her in for two teatments weds or thurs morning. i booked her in for thusday morning and after id confirmed her appointment she mentioned she would be having a natural nail overlay rather than extensions as the tips had all fallen off shortly after id done them ( had no contact from her about this until she rebooked), she said about a week and they were in an awful state because of it. i said id have a look ad a nno would be fine. i booked childcare and put her in diary
so as im dropping off my son to nursery the phone rings its about 9.10.... client tells me she wont be needing her 10am appointment as shes going on holiday tomorrow and doesnt have time for the appointment now!! :eek: ok so annoyed was not the word to discribe me i stayed calm and professional and informed her there was a 50% fee for cancelled appointments within 24 hrs. she said well please bear in mind they only lasted a short while before the tips came off...i responded that i hadnt had the chance to correct this or even have a look to see what the problem was as shed only told me tuesday! she said she would contact me after her holiday i replied i would pop an invoice in the post.... not sure i should have said that, i value my clients but thursaday mornings is my time off to catch up on jobs so i booked her in to do her a favour. Really feels like clients think im just sat around waiting for them and as though im doing it as a hobby :sad::sad:
If the nails just 'floated off' (as they sometimes do - and usually in the bath), why are her natural nails a wreck? ;)

Don't worry about it, clients make up stories so they aren't 'reprimanded' for ruining their nails all the time! How they think we don't know they 'helped' them along I'll never know but there's nowt queer as folk :lol:

I do hate the missed appointments or last minute cancellations and don't think you were out of line at all with mentioning the invoice. As you say, this isn't your hobby, it's your time and you deserve to be remunerated for this.

Thankyou its good to hear and stops me questioning my judgement. Im going to invoice her as a point so that if she comes back she knows I mean business.
No shows and last minute cancellations drive me Potty, I find it rude as well as annoying. I'm thinking of saying that clients booking more than 2 treatments have to pay a deposit coz if they cancel its half a days work really and in Todays climate hard to fill. I'm getting more cancellation than usual I just wish people didn't book if they didn't have the money

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

I know how you feel. I had one lady that had gels from another nailtec and she wanted them off and she wanted new nails. I booked her and she never came. She dident call or anything. Its really bad when they do that. One thing Is to forget and call to rebook or just to call and say they forgot and another Is when they never call.

It's so difficult too when you have to arrange childcare & some people don't seem to appreciate that we do have others to look after& the world does revolve around them & their nails!

When I have a new client that I haven't booked in face to face. I always text them at least 24 hours before their appointment to confirm it & I ask them to reply back to confirm their attendance. I've only ever had 1 regular stand me up last minute & he text 20 minutes before his appointment to say he was skint!! ( I hate it when clients cancel by text - I always think they're lying if they have to text rather than phone!)

We do hair & beauty n also rent a room out to a lady would does massage anyway a client of the massage lady book in with us for a full leg wax, Brazilian, underarm and eyebrows for a sat she was in on the thurs n fri with the lady and didnt show for us turned up on the Tuesday for another massage no sorry nothing!
Some people have cheek

i was going to say i think you should make people pay a deposit as i think itsharsh for them to cancel last minute, and not only that it will make people second think about leaving it so late to cancel. most people have paypal and cards. why not create an account for this purpose. then they can send money via paypal or if they have no paypal you just send them an email from your paypal and they can click pay by card. xxx

Blacklist! Learn from it and don't do her again!

Thankyou its good to hear and stops me questioning my judgement. Im going to invoice her as a point so that if she comes back she knows I mean business.
No shows and last minute cancellations drive me Potty, I find it rude as well as annoying. I'm thinking of saying that clients booking more than 2 treatments have to pay a deposit coz if they cancel its half a days work really and in Todays climate hard to fill. I'm getting more cancellation than usual I just wish people didn't book if they didn't have the money

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

I agree with you, I had a client cancel me once as I was driving to the appointment. Her excuse - she was too tired!! She was only have a spray tan. She asked if she could book another appointment and I told her that I think it was probably best if she looked elsewhere for a spray tan as I had turned other clients down to fit her in. I just wish I had sent her an invoice as well.

It also drives me mad when clients book an appointment that morning, only to then cancel that afternoon because all of a sudden they are ill !!

My regular clients are okay, they don't mess me about, it just seems to be the new clients. I suppose they have no loyalty.

Latest posts

Back