Why does my hair do this?.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Biscuit

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a strange thing that happens with my hair sometimes after being tinted.

Sometimes my hair has little areas that go a blue-grey colour, just like a light tinge of it. Normally it happens to the lengths of hair by my ears, but this month it happened on the very front of my hair so it is more noticable. It does tend to fade a bit eventually, but just looks dull and this horried colour in the mean time.

I use Wella Koleston 12/11 and 12%. I have no idea if a toner would work or not or which one to go for even.

Would re-tinting these parts make it better or worse? I am assuming that the colour won't lift any more than it has done already as the tint was on for the maximum time.

I am about to try ketchup on it right now! As I hear that ketchup removes green tinges to chorline exposed blonde hair.. So am hoping it might work for this colour.

Also, does anybody know WHY it happens? the rest of my colour is lovely!

Thanks,
Miss B.
xx

Could be many things that would cause that.

Best bet to find your answer is to go to a licensed Hairstylist and ask them as they can see what your hair looks like.
When you had your hair colored this last time by your stylist..why didn't you ask her at that time?

Could be many things that would cause that.

Best bet to find your answer is to go to a licensed Hairstylist and ask them as they can see what your hair looks like.
When you had your hair colored this last time by your stylist..why didn't you ask her at that time?

My stylist has never seen this before, except on me!

She really isn't sure and as she is mobile / working from home she doesn't have anybody to ask. Plus, it's isn't every time that it goes like this, yet it's the same procedure on my hair every month with the same products which is very odd.

well you are over porous in those areas and the hair is grabbing the undertones of the haircolor
Tell her to change the color forumula up a bit. If she knows this color line , she should be able to formulate the correcting colors.
But
you are also using a permanent color. which lifts and deposits, your colorist might be over lapping. Tell her to be more careful in her application and see if that doesn't help.

I agree with Jds it sounds like over porous areas which is grabbing the toner in the tint

Also your hairdresser could phone up the wella helpline and ask their advice,

12/11 is great for getting rid of orangey tones on brown/ dark blonde hair

12/11 is one of the most intense ash coloured high lift blonde's you can get ,
if it is used on lighter bases it must be used with care as
it can go Grey /blue tinged looking ,

(Just walking in the natural sunlight helps fade unwanted tones )

I agree with Jds it sounds like over porous areas which is grabbing the toner in the tint

Also your hairdresser could phone up the wella helpline and ask their advice,

12/11 is great for getting rid of orangey tones on brown/ dark blonde hair

12/11 is one of the most intense ash coloured high lift blonde's you can get ,
if it is used on lighter bases it must be used with care as
it can go Grey /blue tinged looking ,

Just what I was thinking! The colour is too ashy and 12/11 is a grabber! You need to go to a proffessional hairdresser as they will treat different parts of the hair with different colours to even out the tone.

Thanks everyone for your replies, it's odd as this doesn't happen all the time, it's very random... I used tomato ketchup! And washed it really hard a couple of times and the blue has gone now.

I am naturally a very dark brown, but with warm undertones, 12/1 turns my hair a ginger-blonde! 12/11 seems to be the best for me, despite the odd streak of grey! LOL!

Thanks everyone for your replies, it's odd as this doesn't happen all the time, it's very random... I used tomato ketchup! And washed it really hard a couple of times and the blue has gone now.

I am naturally a very dark brown, but with warm undertones, 12/1 turns my hair a ginger-blonde! 12/11 seems to be the best for me, despite the odd streak of grey! LOL!

Hi just a thought ,
The places where it turns Grey ,
ask your hairdresser to do these parts last ,

or your hairdresser could put a touch of 12/0 in the tint mix when it comes to these porous areas :hug:

let us know what your hairdresser does ?

Latest posts

Back