Why doesn't Creative polish dry completely?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmkpoe

Reaction score
Is there a trick to it? I do thin coats then a top coat and several hours later I can still ding them and put fingerprints in them. This happens to all my Creative polish but not with other brands. Any suggestions?

I know what you mean, I have had the same problem but only with the cream ones. I leave it for hours before going to bed and when I get up in the morning I've got sheet prints on them.

I recommended them to a friend (before I knew this happend), she brought 10! but has stopped using them as she says she just cant get on with them.

Like you, I do everything thats recommended but nothing helps.

Karaxxx

I cannot understand this, I only use Creative polishes and have no trouble with it.

Are you sure that your coats are thin enough ? I use Stickey base coat, 2 thin coats and the either Super shiney or Air dry topcoat (all Creative)

To finish I use either Solar speed spray or a drop of Solar oil - HTH

What base and top coat are you using.

I use CND colours and use either Stickey or Toughen Up as base, then 2 colour then Super Shiney. I also spray with Solar Speed Spray and none of my clients have complained about their varnish not drying.

Could you fill out your profile so we know if we are advising an experienced nail tech or a customer,
cheers :hug:

yess i completly agree, i bought loads of them and they take forever to dry. i found they were no good when it comes to doing customers nails, they just end up coming back with a nocked one. not sure if there base coat would make a diffrence like evryone is saying really but suppose its worth a go.

I use sticky base, 2 thin coloured coats, speedy top and then solar oil spray. As I say I only have trouble with the cream enamel.

Karaxxx

I'm mystified, I have never had any problems with any colour/type:|:|:|

I also use Creative enamel, but have never had a problem.. I use toughen or stickey as a base and two layers of colour and then super shiney, which is the best top coat I have ever used.. it dries in two mins!!

It does take any enamel hours to dry properly, so if they are knocked, then of course they will be smudged but they should be touch dry in 20 mins

I use super stickey base coat, 2 coats of enamel and then either super shiney but usually out the door topcoat and have NEVER had any problems???
Im also mystified!!!!

I happened to get a set of Creative polishes along with loads of other goodies when I subscribed to Scratch back in July and I have not had any problems with the polish drying. Where did you buy them from - could it be they are old stock or haven't been stored properly?

I think that one techs version of a 'thin application' is different to another and that it comes down to the amount of enamel on the brush and the application technique.

I use a lot of Creative creme enamels, with dark colour pigment (think Nail Noir and Voodoo etc) and don't have a problem with drying.

Neither do I have any issues with CND enamel drying.

I think, bmkpoe, that you should speak to your supplier and complain but to suggest that this is a general fault with all CND enamel colour would be untrue.

Can you imagine the 1000's upon thousands of techs that would be screaming if this were a universal trait??? CND enamel is one of the most succesful enamel brands in the world ... it's popularity is not due to the fact that it doesn't perform!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Last edited:
i NEVER have any problems with CND enamels.....i prefer them over all the others i have tried....i use toughen up 2 coats of enamel and super shiney top coat

I have had problems with it drying, I'm doing everything the way I'm supposed to and yep it is touch dry in about 20 mins or so, but I have gone to bed and woken up in the morning with prints in it, and we're talking me painting them at around 3pmish and going to bed well after midnight. It is mainly the darker colours that I have drying problems with. ?????

Oh just had a thought, yes it hurt. We know that temperature makes a difference with the curing time of l&p, and the air temperature can affect polish, so the clients body temp will affect the drying time of the polish????

Last edited:
I have had problems with it drying, I'm doing everything the way I'm supposed to and yep it is touch dry in about 20 mins or so, but I have gone to bed and woken up in the morning with prints in it, and we're talking me painting them at around 3pmish and going to bed well after midnight. It is mainly the darker colours that I have drying problems with. ?????

We get hot at night !! We've all had sheet marks from time to time with any polish if we've gone to bed too soon after polishing. However it is not the norm.

I think some people just do not realise that when using any high quality product you use LESS than with other products.

CND enamels are highly pigmented. You do not need anymore than thin coats. However if you put a drop of solar Oil on each nail when you have finished the polishing then you will NOT get sheet marks. Solar Oil dries the polish better than anything.

I currently have problems with cd varnishes not drying properly - especially the darker polishes.

The other day, I did my nails at 10am. They dried fine and looked good all day, but when I woke up the next day, they had prints and sheet marks on them!

I use sticky and super shiney and thin coats, and then solar spray or oil, but still keep getting this no matter what I try!

Does anyone have any other suggestions as it is driving me mad!

Hello I have never had a problem with creative nail polish until recently and only with one in particular 'Trust Fund' no matter what I do it smudges I've even done my normal trick of using solar oil and it kind of melts the polish and smudges it still. Sorry its the only way to describe it. I have put this down to a faulty batch so have not used it since.

I have a feeling that Trust Fund is discontinued - can anyone confirm? If so, maybe that's the reason why, although I've never had any problem with them drying, ether personally or professionally.

Creative are by far my favourite polishes - never have a problem..

I use Sticky
two thin coats of polish
finish with either super shiney or speedey
spray with solar speed spray or drop of solar oil. xx

Latest posts

Back