Why dont we all think B4 we post sometimes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have been reading this thread with much interest and also a lot of soul searching.........
I would never intentionally disrespect any poster or any post..............
I appologize humbly if I have ever offended anyone with either posting or replying to any in an off hand manner.......or with lack of sympathy...
All post, well most are put up because someone needs an answer to an important to them question.............
So we try to help.......... but sometimes the written word will sound so different to the spoken a face to face conversation................ there is no eye contact only keyboard contact.......................you can't always tell if it was a comment in jest or just quirky, off the wall humour, that not all people will understand......

Some people will think a comment made is funny, while other will think, oh how rude or how far is she/he up her own arse.......as Kimmy said..........
but then that is what the reputation and Pm facility is so usefull for.........
Go to the person direct and tell em straigth.......... don't let it get into something big....

I would rather be told direct and straight if I have offended, seemed a little less enthusiastic or ingnored an important post...............
I like straigth talk, but dont like rudeness or ignorance.............
So now I am off for a Voddy and Orange for my inner well being lol...........

Hmmm,

I agree with different parts of what has been said.

CONCLUSION!

The Conclusion is this;

* We all don't mean to offend

* We all like to share our advice

* We all have the same passion and goal to be a successful, qualified Nail Tech

* We all need to let this rest now and concentrate on meeting up at GMEX!

(Not in groups, all together, everybody welcome, the full geeky family!)

YAY! Party time! Just what we all seem to need to get to know each other face to face and meet the Geeks we chat to daily!

Victoria x

beautifulnails03 said:
Hmmm,

I agree with different parts of what has been said.

CONCLUSION!

The Conclusion is this;

* We all don't mean to offend

* We all like to share our advice

* We all have the same passion and goal to be a successful, qualified Nail Tech

* We all need to let this rest now and concentrate on meeting up at GMEX!

(Not in groups, all together, everybody welcome, the full geeky family!)

YAY! Party time! Just what we all seem to need to get to know each other face to face and meet the Geeks we chat to daily!

Victoria x
So Victoria, when are you coming to the next West Yorks Geek Meeting then!!

As far as post goes, if myself or Herman has ever offended somebody we sincerely appologise!

When you strongly believe in something, you should be able to post something and not be shot down in flames, at the end of the day this is an indepandent site for all nail techs. It doesnt matter who you trained with or which products you use! as long as you are constructive (not like a few of the post we had to contebnd with a few months ago!, which got personal). We are all extremley passionate about what we do and it is so nice that if you have any queries you can post it on here and get an informative reply!

That's my two penneth worth anyway!

Amanda

hope i've never offended sum1! I always try to be nice! Like if i suggested doing a search for info i always try to make it sound nice and not boulshy (SP) and put a smiley! I know that i've sometimes taken it to heart when i've been bluntly

'told we have had a thread on this before do a search!'

im sure its not ment the way it sounds! LOL

whose the one person whose been upsetting people? Hope its not me! I hate upsetting people!!!

I think another thing i always miss-interprete (SP) is when people may put certain bits in capitals or bold, as in some cases it can appear sarcastic or like shouting. such as when someone doesn't agree with your opinion.

but this depends on the nature of the topic, as it can also seem as laughing, jokin or outlining a pint, such as

congrats on being pregers!!!!!

But hey overall we all know this site is FAB! (see now im using bold capitals lol lol!) and everyone is so nice!!!!:)

Wow, I don't visit the site for a couple of days & look what happens! I think I manage to avoid offending anyone by making my posts/replies obviously nice but if I have failed in that & have offended any body - sorry guys!

On the note of new techs/those waiting for training, I'm in this position myself & it's nice to know if other newbies think the same as me about stuff so I know if I'm starting off on the right foot & if it's normal to think what I do about everything.

Maybe if you think that someone might be offended by what you've put, the chances are they probably will be. Reword it so there's no confusion.

Anyway guys, this is all far too serious for me, can we get back to having some fun on here again?

Bunny x

P.s. love the wet lettuce thing! Have visions of you being green & limp! ha ha

Anyway guys, this is all far too serious for me, can we get back to having some fun on here again?

Bunny x

P.s. love the wet lettuce thing! Have visions of you being green & limp! ha ha[/QUOTE]

Hi Bunny!

I agree, we need to get the spirit of the site back to being fun, constructive and informative. :cool: & if every1's careful about their posts then all we can do is take what each individual says with a pinch of salt.

And if some1 really offends us, PM them. I bet we'd find it'd been a completely unintentional side-effect of their post and they'd be mortified to have upset any1.

Lots of love and geeky hugs to all. :D xx

(PS - "wet lettuce" was quite an appropriate self-description really, I was VERY green and quite limp for the 1st few months of my pregnancy! So you imagined me right... :lol: !!)

I know I got a reply to a post that I got very upset about and took it very personally. A friend of mine read it and got a totally different angle and couldn't see any probs with it, so guess we're all sensitive souls. Agree we need to get back to having fun! If you want to see some great threads that bring a smile to your face then read Claire1's in chit-chat they're bound to make you larf!! ie "have you seen the ghost" was one of the funniest ones I have read!

ooh i hope i havent ever upset anyone i would be devastated :cry: , i arnt great at explaining stuff , and i have suggested to people to do search's on stuff but only coz it would bring back tons of info, take care love dee

I agree with all that's been said and have on occasion seemed to upset a few people on here, which is never my intention. I always put my opinion on a thread and it can be taken or not with the light hearted way its meant. Emails and texts can always be misconstrued, so perhaps we should just take things with a pinch of salt and give the person the benefit of the doubt.

This is the best site around and has been my bible for many months that i have been learning and am still learning about nails. Lets just be there for each other and enjoy making new friends.:D

Lily said:
So Victoria, when are you coming to the next West Yorks Geek Meeting then!!

As far as post goes, if myself or Herman has ever offended somebody we sincerely appologise!

When you strongly believe in something, you should be able to post something and not be shot down in flames, at the end of the day this is an indepandent site for all nail techs. It doesnt matter who you trained with or which products you use! as long as you are constructive (not like a few of the post we had to contebnd with a few months ago!, which got personal). We are all extremley passionate about what we do and it is so nice that if you have any queries you can post it on here and get an informative reply!

That's my two penneth worth anyway!

Amanda

I definatley can't come on 29th because I'm grading for my green belt! But I will be at GMEX on the Sunday. :)

Latest posts

Back