Why has my natural nail grown back yellow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carole Lindsay

Reaction score
I wear fibreglass wraps and have noticed that one particular nail which now has virtually no tip at all is very yellow and yet my other ones arent! Can anybody tell me why that would have happened? When i look at it the part that is closest to the free edge is very yellow but the newer nail is not as yellow so i'm hoping that it is rectifying itself but i just wondered why it would have happened and whether its anything i did wrong.

Carole Lindsay said:
I wear fibreglass wraps and have noticed that one particular nail which now has virtually no tip at all is very yellow and yet my other ones arent! Can anybody tell me why that would have happened? When i look at it the part that is closest to the free edge is very yellow but the newer nail is not as yellow so i'm hoping that it is rectifying itself but i just wondered why it would have happened and whether its anything i did wrong.
Before my clients experience I would say go to your Doctor, but after he ripped of the L&P overlay and filed her away I wouldnt be to sure :rolleyes:

Has this appeared gradually or overnight? dont know the answer either way hun I was just curious..

Fab Freak said:
Before my clients experience I would say go to your Doctor, but after he ripped of the L&P overlay and filed her away I wouldnt be to sure :rolleyes:

Has this appeared gradually or overnight? dont know the answer either way hun I was just curious..
Oooh i dont think it needs medical assistance ;) Its been a gradual thing. Hopefully we'll both be the wiser soon!!

Carole Lindsay said:
Oooh i dont think it needs medical assistance ;) Its been a gradual thing. Hopefully we'll both be the wiser soon!!

How do you know that?

Could it be staining by curry powder eg, hmm having said that it wouldn't be gradual then would it...

Is it L&P if so could it be monomer contamaination, mine went a yucky yellow once as I had got brush cleaner (way back when I used to use it :rolleyes: )

duh I didnt read your post properly..so its wraps eh..hmmm cant think

Hiya carole,

I have to say this has happened to me in the past but never a customer ( how weird)
I always use L&P myself so no connection with the product i would say, i always thought it was Curry or something of the sort as its always just one nail and never the same nail.
Its a mystery to me but only take a short while to dissapear/fade which is also a little weird, but thankfully it does fade and not take ages to grow out..

Probably not much help to you but at least you know your not alone..lol

Its just dawned on my it could be linked to the UV discolouring the wrap...If it's stars

Discolouration of the nail plate is associated with some of the chemicals in the product you are using. It does not appear on all nails because some nails (for whatever reason .. over filing, mechanical removal of product etc) can be more porous in places than other nails, and this can change from time to time to one nail or the other depending on what has happened to the nail in question.

One reason this does not happen with (sorry but true) more high end lines is that they do not contain formaldehyde or other chemicals that can be the cause of this happening.

geeg said:
Discolouration of the nail plate is associated with some of the chemicals in the product you are using. It does not appear on all nails because some nails (for whatever reason .. over filing, mechanical removal of product etc) can be more porous in places than other nails, and this can change from time to time to one nail or the other depending on what has happened to the nail in question.

One reason this does not happen with (sorry but true) more high end lines is that they do not contain formaldehyde or other chemicals that can be the cause of this happening.
As long as i know what it is that's fine. It seems to be growing out now but just wondered what it was. Would it be the resin or activator or both?

Could be both.

Latest posts

Back