Why have I received free perfume samples?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuwano

Reaction score
Company Called YODEYMA sent me free sample of perfume . does anyone know the company? or why? they sent big box including products shelf. I never heard company

Me to!
No cover letter, but I'm assuming they want/expect us to love their product, and place an order!

Thanks RED STAR i guess so but smells really cheap trashy. Well i pack back again and leaving in stock room. If they dont contact me few month i will give away

I saw a Facebook thread about this! Yes apparently it’s all legit and there giving them away! Same as red star said think there hoping you’ll love them and buy more very interesting how much there giving out...
Saying that I haven’t received one so if your out there and reading this please send me some I love goodies haha [emoji39][emoji39]

We have had this brand in our salon for nearly 6months. Don’t throw away! I repeat don’t throw away!!! These perfumes are dupes of high end perfumes. Only a couple of weeks a go we received a leaflet with all the high end dupes they have made. For example they do a perfume called ‘Iris’ and it smells exactly the same as Alien. They do others like Lady million etc!!

We have had this brand in our salon for nearly 6months. Don’t throw away! I repeat don’t throw away!!! These perfumes are dupes of high end perfumes. Only a couple of weeks a go we received a leaflet with all the high end dupes they have made. For example they do a perfume called ‘Iris’ and it smells exactly the same as Alien. They do others like Lady million etc!!

That's my problem!
'Dupes'

If they were just running off their own steam, I'd be half interested....but I HATE a copy/fake/lookie likey......:eek:
AND no cover letter with any explanation??? o_O

The £90.00+ minimum order is also a put off......
Any one out there having success/interest in this product, as I would love to know your thoughts.:cool:

That's my problem!
'Dupes'

If they were just running off their own steam, I'd be half interested....but I HATE a copy/fake/lookie likey......:eek:
AND no cover letter with any explanation??? o_O

The £90.00+ minimum order is also a put off......
Any one out there having success/interest in this product, as I would love to know your thoughts.:cool:

Yes i agree RED STAR.
Well maybe for them cost nothing to send products randomly then get chance to have retailer... But at least i need see letter or anything explaining.

I think dupes are great for retailing. Especially if you promote to the right target audience. Not everyone wants to spend over £50 on a perfume they love. And as for receiving a letter.... Our salon Received a call a day after we received the stock. After just 2 weeks of promoting we sold over half the stock.

But hey.. if your not happy with the free products you have received I’m sure you can get in touch to send them back. [emoji4]

I think dupes are great for retailing. Especially if you promote to the right target audience. Not everyone wants to spend over £50 on a perfume they love. And as for receiving a letter.... Our salon Received a call a day after we received the stock. After just 2 weeks of promoting we sold over half the stock.

But hey.. if your not happy with the free products you have received I’m sure you can get in touch to send them back. [emoji4]

They phoned today.......Mystery solved...... :p
No strings attached....let your clients decide if they like it or not.......
No minimum order....free shipping if you spend £90.00 + ;)

Thanks. Wait and see when they contact me first and i will decide what to do. But appreciate your reply.

They phoned today.......Mystery solved...... :p
No strings attached....let your clients decide if they like it or not.......
No minimum order....free shipping if you spend £90.00 + ;)

Good to know. Thank you! Guess they will call me soon too.

Thanks. Wait and see when they contact me first and i will decide what to do. But appreciate your reply.

Another bonus.... YOU GET THEM CHEAPER YOUR SELF!!

My favourite.... ELIXIR!! Smells exactly the same as Black opium [emoji4]

Hope you enjoy Hun!!

Not sure I’d want my business associated with selling knock off products! This industry struggles enough with fakes and dupes, products I certainly wouldn’t want to be promoting.

Not sure I’d want my business associated with selling knock off products! This industry struggles enough with fakes and dupes, products I certainly wouldn’t want to be promoting.

Well maybe that’s the snobbiness inside you? [emoji848]

Proof is in the pudding though. They smell exactly the same as the branded versions. Do any of these branded perfumes stock to salons like Yodema at such an affordable price?
But that’s up to you.

Well maybe that’s the snobbiness inside you? [emoji848
I beg your pardon?!

My opinion is based purely on the negative effects I have seen such dupes/fakes/knock off products having on our industry.

Sorry but these dupes are sold at all our local bootsales £6 each/ 2 for a tenner etc.

I wouldnt have them anywhere near my salon as they are associated with being cheap. They are dupe, read knock off Nigel perfumes.

Xx

The Salon I work in had these and they are actually fine for daytime perfumes..a few clients have ordered some and the one called ‘iris’ is popular as it does smell very similar to alien...I’ve ordered a few different ones myself .... they sent some new ones to try along with the info on which perfume they smell similar to. .... can’t complain really for the price ....:)

Thank you everyone, I don't think I will have business with them as I am not interesting selling perfume in hairdressing salon.
But in the future if I am interesting I will consider everyone's opinion.
It was such strange way they approach me, ( I am not impressed this way )

Sorry but these dupes are sold at all our local bootsales £6 each/ 2 for a tenner etc.

I wouldnt have them anywhere near my salon as they are associated with being cheap. They are dupe, read knock off Nigel perfumes.

Xx

LOL.....
You're right!
BUT, you have to give the company credit for it's aggressive marketing...!
AND....may I say, some of them smell quite nice.:D

I did say to the Guy who phoned - 4 days after receiving the goods - IF they sold the perfume in their own right....I'd have probably been interested.:cool:
But, It's the whole 'Knock off/copy/imitation/lookie - likey concept that jar's with me. :p

It reminds me of my youth... Woolworths used to sell a Calvin Klein CKOne knock off for a fiver

Our school stunk of it xx

Latest posts

Back