Why have I received free perfume samples?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got ours 2 days ago. No explanation. Called the company who said you can have them free do what you like with them. They may smell a bit like the ones they are ripping off but they are still cheap and nasty copies and the smell lingers on the skin even after 2-3 showers

Just spent hours culling the number of unwanted emails - thanks to GDPR now we have to put up with unwanted unsolicited rubbish being delivered in a big box.

What a waste of their resources, our time and environmentally - ???????

Yes I have just received mine. I'm not sure what to do with them! Will they charge me if I don't send them back does anybody know?

Do they come with MSDS? If not that’s another reason not to sell them. If a client had a bad reaction, more likely I would imagine as cheaper ingredients will have been used, you would be liable.

Yes I have just received mine. I'm not sure what to do with them! Will they charge me if I don't send them back does anybody know?
No, it’s unsolicited mail so it’s up to them to arrange collection.

No, it’s unsolicited mail so it’s up to them to arrange collection.
thanks for your reply, i've just spoke to them and they say they're free! Happy days! :)

There’s a mans one called Caribbean it smells amazing!

Great ive been landed with the box of samples today

I’ve also received these but no information enclosed about what each fragrance is a “dupe” of. No intention of selling these (especially as there’s at least three businesses in our very small town who’ve received these already) but plan to offer the sample bottles received to friends & family so would be nice to know if anyone has the comparison list to hand.

I’ve also received these but no information enclosed about what each fragrance is a “dupe” of. No intention of selling these (especially as there’s at least three businesses in our very small town who’ve received these already) but plan to offer the sample bottles received to friends & family so would be nice to know if anyone has the comparison list to hand.

There should be a few leaflets inside the box with the comparisons on i got a stack of them ...the alien dupe it pretty good and the men Invictus is good to...the box ia still sat in the back of my salon. I'm just letting family raid it when they come

Yodeyma sent a large box of free perfumes & display to my salon. I’ve never heard of it before & never spoken to any one about it. And don’t really know what to do with it. In the letter it says a free gift. But is all that really free is it a con?
Your thoughts please.

I’ve just been sent a box. Did you get charged for not sending back

I was sent some, rang the company to tell them I didn't want their filth and to arrange collection....they never did so I got rid of it!

After reading mixed reviews on this forum I decided to open the box and get some staff and customer feedback. Surprisingly the perfumes have gone down really well and we're now placing regular orders (mostly for the smaller sizes) but the feedback has all been positive up to now and loads of people go on to buy for family and friends - not for gifts but because they've been asked to get them some. We don't make much money on them but they're a popular impulse-buy at reception.

Thanks to online discounters retailing has become harder than ever in salons and we commonly have to price match even our premium products or forego a sale altogether. Margins aren't great even on the likes of Guinot skincare or L'Oreal haircare and both of those ranges cost a lot more to have sitting on the shelves in the first place.

We don't push the 'same as' claims. Most of the fragrances are nice enough in their own right and the quality seems decent enough - no rashes or nasty reactions so far!

I have to admit my initial reaction was one of, "Cheeky *****s, landing me with a box of cheap rubbish I didn't even ask for!" but, overall, what have you got to lose by letting your customers decide?

Oh that's interesting. I must admit I took mine straight down to the Red Cross. They were delighted.

We have these in our salon and clients love them. We only stock the small bottles, easy to take on holiday etc.
My way of thinking is that our clients love them, and of course knock off is all around, so where to start/stop.
So much of the beauty and cosmetics industry is one company selling the same/similar product under their own brand name.
Just need to look at for example 'Hyaluronic Acid Serum' loads of companies sell it , the same thing, same use. But no ones says companies are copying each other when it comes to skincare????
ps min order is before carriage is £60 + VAT

Company Called YODEYMA sent me free sample of perfume . does anyone know the company? or why? they sent big box including products shelf. I never heard company
Hi I need help I whant to order parfume but I lost number phone

I have been selling these perfumes for over 12month ,and my clients love them, cost under £5. Fits in your work bag, Great for the day, keep your best for the weekend, and yes the fragrances are really good and long lasting, the company have been very professional, very generous with their in salon promotional material.....YODEYMA.
and a nice little pick up at the till.

We have these in our salon and they are fab! Our clients love them and so do I, really good matches I must admit x

Latest posts

Back