Why is Calgel so expensive?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denise88

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just a quick post
One of my clients asked if I could do calgel for her, well I'd never even heard of it before so I looked it up and was shocked when I saw the price of it compared to other gels. Is it that amazing that's why's it costs so much? I don't know anyone that uses it so I can't justify buying it for one client when I don't know how good it really is

I use calgel and love it, it is expensive but you wont be able to just buy it without training, I was gel trained with nsi and still had to fork out for training amd full kit, usually you camt see the prices without an account xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think you might have to train with calgel to buy it ..I was trained with calgel products on my beauty course (calgel had some kind of arrangement with my college) but even though my college tutor was certified to train people in calgel and had calgel premier status ..if I wanted to use calgel and buy it I would have to re-train with them directly and buy full kit with lamp I think.. in my own honest opinion.. I didn't really get on with calgel.. quite a few people didn't.. it was good to work with.. but my extentions just didn't last a lot of the time which could of probably been down to me but from my own experience with calgel it just felt a bit hit and miss on wether it was going to last xx

Pfobably because of thr r and d and advertising involved

I dont use calgel, I use Bio- & id imagine they are similar in price. Its a premium product, there for a premium price. I agree you most likely cant justify training & kit for one client, but you could offer it as a service & charge what cal gel is worth in treatments :)

How much do you now charge for your gel overlay?

Round here bio/cal gel overlay is ranging from £30-40.

X

Latest posts

Back