Why is Gelish Facebook group so secretive?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailglitter28

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have Cnd training and converted last year to Gelish so I could provide both brands as I liked both and both offer different colours. I like Gelish for their brights and shimmery shades and Cnd for their classic shades. I did the conversion as Gelish and shellac is a bit different aplication and some people find Gelish lasts longer so I decided to converte and offer both.

Cnd shellac professionals group is great and people really help you when you have questions. I love the group. Gelish on the other hand I can’t find support group were people share Manicures for ideas and advice. So I contacted nail harmony page and they asked me when and who I trained with as it is required to join their group I guess. I reply but they never reply back. I mean is it that hard for them to give me the link of the group so I can find it and request to join in.

I only use Facebook for professional advice and nails ideas if I need. Cnd asks for screenshot of certificate To join and that’s it. Gelish I don’t even can do that has I can’t find the group on Facebook search. it just takes me to different country Gelish pages. so I asked nail harmony for the link and nothing. Don’t understand why.

I have shrinkage with one of the colours and wanted to join their group to ask for advice and also get inspiration for work. With other Gelish colours I don’t have this shrinkage problem so I don’t think is my prep. I Can’t ask advice as they don’t give me The group name or link. So I guess if I have problems with Gelish I’m on my own. I don’t really want to email my educator everytime I need advice from Gelish I do follow my Gelish educator for inspiration but I wanted to see work from other Gelish professionals and ask for advice if needed in a group as different people different experience. If I need to contact my educator for advice Probably she don’t even know who I am has she has so many students and if everyone contacts her everytime they need advice about a colour I think she would be answering emails all day.

Dont know if this is me but i’m very Disappointed. I trained with them so why even with their certificate the group is so secretive? I’m not very good with technology I really can’t find the professional group and I really need help with the colour. Just used it today again same thing happen just want to bin it. But Gelish is too expensive to just bin a colour.

Last edited:
Has your educator got a gelish support page? I ask because mine has... or ask her if she can point you in the right direction

Has your educator got a gelish support page? I ask because mine has... or ask her if she can point you in the right direction
she has Facebook but I thought they had kind of a support group for the brand.

The issue I have with Nail Harmony is that they have ignored an email I sent concerning GHG stock, I still haven't got any reply from the head office. The impression that I am getting is that they want to push polygel on every enhancement nail technician. My concern is that GHG training was still offered in February 2017 and if someone has done their GHG training, they will see that they won't have any product to go on. They are essentially locked in the brand and pretty much forced to convert to polygel which means an extra expense. This doesn't work very well if a nail technician has low volume for instance as polygel bottles are big. GHG has smaller tubs which are fine for lower volumes.

This business strategy is sending a negative message to Nail harmony nail technicians IMO.

The issue I have with Nail Harmony is that they have ignored an email I sent concerning GHG stock, I still haven't got any reply from the head office. The impression that I am getting is that they want to push polygel on every enhancement nail technician. My concern is that GHG training was still offered in February 2017 and if someone has done their GHG training, they will see that they won't have any product to go on. They are essentially locked in the brand and pretty much forced to convert to polygel which means an extra expense. This doesn't work very well if a nail technician has low volume for instance as polygel bottles are big. GHG has smaller tubs which are fine for lower volumes.

This business strategy is sending a negative message to Nail harmony nail technicians IMO.

Yep. They reply first asking details about my training. After I gave them the information they didn’t get back to me. I just feel ignored. I had a question about a product I feel is not performing and would like advice how to use it best to prevent issues. That is why I asked then the name of the group. So I can join in.

Last edited:
Yep. They reply first asking were I trained and name of my Gelish educator. After I gave them the information they didn’t get back to me. I just feel ignored. I had a question about a product I feel is not performing and would like advice how to use it best to prevent issues. I cannot believe such a big brand does not share their group to professionals I could have given then the cert photo but not on their public profile so everyone can see. That is why I asked then the name of the group. So I can join in. Nothing no reply. So if I have questions about their products I need to ask who my educator? Not good

Not good feeling ignored if one would spend over £500 on polygel training and materials!!!

Not good feeling ignored if one would spend over £500 on polygel training and materials!!!
I saw polygel training courses they are expensive including the products. Some pro brands are coming out with similar product but cheaper. One bottle of polygel is a lot of money for me personally.

I saw polygel training courses they are expensive including the products. Some pro brands are coming out with similar product but cheaper. One bottle of polygel is a lot of money for me personally.

Those are exactly my thoughts too - if something isn't broken, why fix it? Hypothetically, what if they come up with a future product like "Unigel" (The antonym of poly by the way) which has different properties and requires a different training method? It means that those who have paid for the polygel training would lose out completely. IMO, I don't think it is a "future proof" product and there will be others on the market that will be cheaper and/or better.

What I don't understand is why polygel is sold in sally beauty stores and any nail technician can buy it although they are not insured for business use. It doesn't make any sense to me.

I know of ACG and they have released their "polygel" version which is soak off.

I’m not very good with technology I really can’t find the professional group and I really need help with the colour. Just used it today again same thing happen just want to bin it. But Gelish is too expensive to just bin a colour.

There is a Gelish peer to peer group and there are multiple people reporting the same issue with certain Gelish colours wrinkling and others fading.

I do have a wrinkling issue with rustle your feathers (teal) from the Royal Treatment collection. I just find that I have to apply it in very thin layers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GelishFanGroup/

The Gelish technical help group is for Gelish trained professionals. It is a private group so that people who are untrained basically don’t get free advice, which I personally think is a good idea.

Also If you need help that is exactly what your educator is there for, to help you. So don’t feel bad about sending an email or calling her to ask for any help you may need. You have paid for training and they are there for ongoing support.

Your educator can also add you into the technical help group so drop her a message and she will be able to accept you. There are hundreds of requests from people in that group and it takes time to get through them so maybe they haven’t got to you yet.

Xx

The Gelish technical help group is for Gelish trained professionals

This leaves out other people who have trained in other systems or at least who have gained an NVQ/NOS level 2 Nail Technology qualification which is pretty unfair IMO to those who have opted using the Gelish system.

Attachments

• The_Joy_of_Sect_45.jpg
    The_Joy_of_Sect_45.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 49
I've been having a lot of problems with gelish lately it's very disappointing as I only use this brand. I also tried looking for a help group but had no luck. [emoji20]

I've been having a lot of problems with gelish lately it's very disappointing as I only use this brand. I also tried looking for a help group but had no luck. [emoji20]

You can create your own thread on here and see if anyone can help x

The Gelish technical help group is for Gelish trained professionals. It is a private group so that people who are untrained basically don’t get free advice, which I personally think is a good idea.

Also If you need help that is exactly what your educator is there for, to help you. So don’t feel bad about sending an email or calling her to ask for any help you may need. You have paid for training and they are there for ongoing support.

Your educator can also add you into the technical help group so drop her a message and she will be able to accept you. There are hundreds of requests from people in that group and it takes time to get through them so maybe they haven’t got to you yet.

Xx
Hi. I Didn't know if we had a question we needed to contact the educator. I thought that they had a group for Gelish professionals. Need to contact her then. They could have told me that instead of asking me details about my training and then not reply me back. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
You can create your own thread on here and see if anyone can help x
I just have a simple question I have a colour snowflakes &skyscraper that keeps shrinking at the free edge, side walls and cuticules. Other colours are fine so I wounder why this colour is so hard to work with and is it problem with the colour as I think they discontinue it or if they could give me any tip to make it work better. That was my only question. Didn’t want to disturb my educator for this silly question.

I like professional groups because we can get inspired by others work and get advice from more experience technician apparently we need to ask our educator. If they had a private group that to enter the group we just needed to show our certificate like in most groups would have been much easier. I’m sure not everyone keeps in touch with their educators.

I just have a simple question I have a colour snowflakes &skyscraper that keeps shrinking at the free edge, side walls and cuticules. Other colours are fine so I wounder why this colour is so hard to work with and is it problem with the colour as I think they discontinue it or if they could give me any tip to make it work better. That was my only question. Didn’t want to disturb my educator for this silly question.

Some of the gelish colours are like this and you need to apply super thin and maybe more coats thinly to get coverage. X

Those are exactly my thoughts too - if something isn't broken, why fix it? Hypothetically, what if they come up with a future product like "Unigel" (The antonym of poly by the way) which has different properties and requires a different training method? It means that those who have paid for the polygel training would lose out completely. IMO, I don't think it is a "future proof" product and there will be others on the market that will be cheaper and/or better.

What I don't understand is why polygel is sold in sally beauty stores and any nail technician can buy it although they are not insured for business use. It doesn't make any sense to me.

I know of ACG and they have released their "polygel" version which is soak off.

I agree their is so many new products coming out constantly that in the end of the day it becomes expensive too have to trained all the time. I like training but is a bit overwhelming. Not counting taking time to do The training and the fact we need to get models for all courses. If we have gel training why we need polygel too. I know the product consistency is a bit different but how to build the extension I don’t think is that much of a difference. Is just a question of practicing working with the product. They could make a video to teach the nail techs and use the support group to take doubts. I mean not everyone can spend a high amount of money everytime a new product comes out. Well this is just my thinking maybe I’m wrong . I think the brands are making so much money of training that they decided that everything that comes out needs a course to use it. People who can’t afford constant training and changing products stay behind and cannot provide the service. Don’t want to offende anyone that thinks diferentely this is just my opinion.

Some of the gelish colours are like this and you need to apply super thin and maybe more coats thinly to get coverage. X
I applied 3 thin coats.
I was able to fix the shrinking on the free edge but not sidewalls and cuticule.

Last edited:
There is a Gelish peer to peer group and there are multiple people reporting the same issue with certain Gelish colours wrinkling and others fading.

I do have a wrinkling issue with rustle your feathers (teal) from the Royal Treatment collection. I just find that I have to apply it in very thin layers.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GelishFanGroup/
I also applied my color thin 3 coats because I’m not very experienced started to panic as didn’t know what to do end up touching up free edge it worked but cuticule gap and sidewall I couldnt fix as it would made it just too thick. Will try the group you gave me.thank you

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back